Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4707 - Dress Up

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4707 - Dress Up
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 18, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday October 16, 2017

Abby and Elmo play dress up and pretend to be lots of different people, like bike repair assistants to help Nina fix Rosita's bike.

This episode features an all-new street story, Smart Cookies ("Long Arm of the Bear Claw") and a new Elmo's World ("Dress Up").

If you saw "Dress Up" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The words "dull" and "pointless" come to mind. Not really a story. What happened to Elmo's lost toy? Why even set it up if he A. just brushes it off when Abby proposes something else or B. not even try to find him later?

I wasn't expecting to see that Count/Oscar bit again. It seemed to me they were trying to avoid using older looks of the street in comparison to the new set. The repeated shows have kinda stuck to Hooper's/the arbor, where they don't look as different. But, it's weird that they'd show Oscar's can in its old place and then immediately jump to EW, where you can clearly see his new can in front of the building.

And hey, nice to finally see the original Mr. Noodle at last, even though his bit seemed much shorter than the others have gotten.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
To be fair, Shane has a point. Elmo talking about his lost toy was set up and then nothing came of it. I still liked the street story though. Even though it was inherently funny, Ryan was able to make it funny with his performances. Nice to see Ovejita again. The fact that they're alternating the old and new Letter and Number songs makes me think "What's the point of them making new ones?" And it was nice to finally see the original Mr. Noodle.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting to see that Count/Oscar bit again. It seemed to me they were trying to avoid using older looks of the street in comparison to the new set. The repeated shows have kinda stuck to Hooper's/the arbor, where they don't look as different. But, it's weird that they'd show Oscar's can in its old place and then immediately jump to EW, where you can clearly see his new can in front of the building.
I'm glad that they showed that bit. I wasn't sure if they were going to air any of those classic style Muppet sketches from seasons 44/45 because I don't think they aired any of them last season or had any new ones. What ever happened to those anyway? I was really hoping they'd become a regular thing again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The street story wasn't much of a story, lacking any real structure or conflict, but it was otherwise cute to see Elmo and Abby enjoying dressing up so much - even though the story was reminiscient of Episode 4629 last season.

Still a little strange seeing last year's Letter/Number bits reused again, but I did enjoy Zero Not Your Average Hero.

Am I imagining things, or is Smart Cookies being edited a little? The pacing seems more rapid-fire and quick-cut than I remember.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Am I imagining things, or is Smart Cookies being edited a little? The pacing seems more rapid-fire and quick-cut than I remember.
I just skipped past it, since it was a repeat and all, but yeah, it was shortened about 40 seconds or so.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I like how snuffy made a cameo. We don't see enough of him these days. I gotta imagine at 60 something years old it's getting harder for him to perform him.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I like how snuffy made a cameo. We don't see enough of him these days. I gotta imagine at 60 something years old it's getting harder for him to perform him.
Perhaps, but it doesn't seem to be much of a problem since he's still doing such a great job. Marty still seems to be pretty fit, as you should be if you wanna perform for a long time.

Oh, and it looks like Snuffy's going to make another appearance next week in the cold open as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Snuffy wasn't in this episode. He'll be in next week's (repeat) show.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I saw the episode today (via Youtube) and actually kind of liked it! Did it have much of a story? No. Was it really remarkable in any way? Not really. However, a lot of the older episodes were like that too. Where there's no real plot, but it's just the characters being themselves. It just feels like another day on the street, and that's what I liked about it. I honestly wouldn't mind having more episodes like this.