What sketches scared you as a kid?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Yeah. Y'know, vegetables are a sometimes food. (Unless you're a vegan, in which case, disregard. :wink: )
Yeah, I'd love to hear Cookie Monster sing some parody to Captain V:

"True, your all-veggie habit
make sense, 'cause you're a rabbit--buuuuut
for me, they just a sometimes food!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I thought of another

The Word Is No - Those big lips freaked me out when I was little.

squirrelboy

Reaction score
I have a few more scary clips to share:

1) If moon was cookie song, sung by Cookie Monster himself. It took me quite a while to get over Cookie eating the moon, mainly because I kept looking up in the sky every night, to make sure the moon was still there. Sounds odd - I know.

2) Any sketch that they would use a letter from the alphabet and flip it over to show us it looks the same upside-down. Like: "H, I, N, O, S, X and Z". I believe during that time Prarie Dawn did those skethes, and she would be hanging - upside-down! Scared the you-know-what out of me.

I'll think of more,
squirrelboy

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always loved the "If Moon was Cookie" song, but the video always scared me. Just the part where all the light goes out and all you see is Cookie's eyeballs. I remember having a nightmare about that! Wow, this takes me back. It doesn't bother me now though.

Reaction score
I have no idea but when I was a kid & I would see Snuffy and they played that music as he walked, it wouldn't really scare me much, but I would feel really weirded out by it...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I have a few more scary clips to share:

1) If moon was cookie song, sung by Cookie Monster himself. It took me quite a while to get over Cookie eating the moon, mainly because I kept looking up in the sky every night, to make sure the moon was still there. Sounds odd - I know.

I'll think of more,
squirrelboy
Lol,I used to see that one all the time when I was little.I always found it funny when you just see Cookie's googely eyes after he ate the moon.I can see why you got freaked out by Cookie eating the moon though.BTW,I just found this on Youtube about 5 months ago.

squirrelboy

Reaction score
Here's an intersting, yet scary sketch:

It's based on a talking chair talking about the word "SIT". It's actually not a half bad skit, until the ending is shown, where a monster/giant sees the chair and reads the word "sit", and sits down on the chair, almost crushing the chair. And from what I remember, the chair says: "(muffled) maybe some other time! (straining)".

squirrelboy

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Okay, since I’m an “old school-er”, these ones are all from the 70s. :smile:

1. Sammy the Snake (the one who looked and sounded like the letter “S”.) I still have a hard time watching Sammy. :smile:
2. The cartoon of the snake that talked about the “sound of the letter S”. You could only see his face during most of the clip, until the end when it’s revealed that he’s a snake.
3. David as a snake charmer (Is anyone seeing a snake trend here?) :smile:. He is sitting between two baskets while playing a wind instrument. As he plays, the number 12 comes squiggling out of each of the baskets, like they’re snakes. I mostly couldn’t STAND the creepy factor of this clip because the music was so weird and David was so serious….
4. As mentioned before, the Dragnet “W” clip. Don’t know what scared me…. I think it’s cool now.
5. The morphing face cartoon. The clip shows a face that changes with a creepy squeaking sound in the background.
6. Beautiful Day Monster. Like Sammy the Snake, he gave me nightmares for years. In my opinion, the clip with the “B” was the scariest thing ever on Sesame Street.
7. Grover and the word "GROW". When it grew really big and exploded at the end, that was enough to scare the daylights out of me.
Same thing with the imaginary balloon bursting at the end of that classic E and B clip.

A lot of other clips made me feel uneasy, but those are the few that really scared me.