Your Thoughts: "Muppet Guys Talking" premieres at SXSW in Austin March 12, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
It seems strange to me that Bill is involved in this He never worked with Jim. Brian yes but not Jim. They could have at least have gotten Caroll or Kevin or Steve, but why Bill?
Exactly. Something wrong with the line up that doesn't make sense. If Frank only wanted to concentrate on early Muppet history, then he could be excused for not inviting steve, Eric, Matt, and the others, but then Bill is out of place, and as Fran is there, then Caroll should be there over Bill. I can feel a song coming on...." One of these things is not like the other" but using people instead of objects!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill moved relatively high up the ranks in a short amount of time and is heavily involved behind the scenes on many modern Muppet projects, so that could have something to do with it.

And this is about discussing TMS, no? It wouldn't make too much sense for Caroll to be there, since his involvement with the Muppets was almost exclusive to SST (with the exception of Big Bird guest starring on TMS with Leslie Uggams).

muppetperson

Reaction score
Bill moved relatively high up the ranks in a short amount of time and is heavily involved behind the scenes on many modern Muppet projects, so that could have something to do with it.

And this is about discussing TMS, no? It wouldn't make too much sense for Caroll to be there, since his involvement with the Muppets was almost exclusive to SST (with the exception of Big Bird guest starring on TMS with Leslie Uggams).
The same can be said about Fran, so I assumed that she being there, that the interview isn't exclusively about "The Muppet Show".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, she did perform in the Sex and Violence pilot, not to mention other early Muppet projects such as the Santa Claus switch - and she also holds a distinction of being the first female Muppet Performer hird by Jim since Jane's retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.