How many muppets lived on the original Sesame Street?

WiGgY

Reaction score
In the first season of Sesame Street, how many muppets lived on the street? I know there was Oscar, Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, but how many others were in the first season? And when I say lived on the street, I mean how many were seen in the street segments, bot all those clips and stuff.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think that's about it. Just those 4 muppets. Wait. Were Bert & Ernie seen on the street much? I know they were in the first episode.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yes they were. Erine and Bert did a thing for the letter and # of the day. Then they were seen at the end of the episode as well.

Splurge

Reaction score
Would Kermit count? He was in the 1st episode talking to Gordon.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Barkley would not be there in the first episode. Yes Kermit would be counted as an muppet that lived there and in the pond.

Reaction score
I don't think you can count the number of Muppets in the first season.

There were lots of Anything Muppets. They had 5 or 10 base puppets and would trade out different hair and eyes, etc.

For example, you see the Harvey and Fat Blue bases on other characters a lot. I believe this was right from Season One.

WiGgY

Reaction score
the questions isn't how many were on the show, that would be impossible to count. The question is how many were on the street. For example, now we have Bery, Ernie, Snuffy, Oscar, Big Bird, Slimy, Elmo, ect.

Did Kermit live on the street and appear in various street segements? Having never seen any original shows, I have no idea.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Kermit never really appeared on the Street segments that much in the first season.

The original Sesame Street Muppets were Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Oscar, and Kermit. Cookie was there, but was known as simply, Monster.