Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I sold mine knowing and happy with the fact we were only getting 4 series, I don't need more than the core characters, but I didn't realise it would take this long. It's the silence that's frustrating.
If they were to come out and say the delay was due to them deciding to add Rowlfs Piano or something like that then I'd be happy with the explanation. I'm even paying someone to make me a diorama similar to that brilliant one that was made by someone for the Palisades figures. So like others here I'm a little cheesed off with the silence!
I have no information about this, but my experience and that of my peers tells me that it could be a factory issue or something. It happens. Maybe paint aps were splooshy or an arm was too loose. It's irritating. Also, it might still be April and that particular listing could be a misprint. Or maybe it's when they'll be available on the DST site. I just don't know. Yes, it would be nice to hear someone clear that up. I'd invite any of you guys to ask these questions on their facebook page. If a question is asked enough, they will eventually answer it. EDIT - CORRECTION: When asked this weekend if S3 will be coming soon, the reply was, "Yes, they're coming out. Not sure what you mean by soon, but hopefully by end of spring. Added some accessories, but most of our figures have a 6-month turnaround, give or take." I guess that other listing is incorrect.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Today they answered my question regarding Minimates series 3 as part of their AskDST column:

Jimmy M.
I had heard a rumor that series 3 might be the last wave of Muppet Minimates. Are you able to confirm if this is correct? I have loved this series and would keep collecting it forever, but if it had to end, I would really love to see a few last main characters who have not yet been produced: Sam the Eagle, Rizzo the Rat, Lew Zealand, Sweetums, Walter, and some Snowths to go with Mahna Mahna. Any chance you would bring it back for one more wave?

DSTChuck: At this time, we do not have plans for Muppets MM beyond Series 3. Unfortunately, there were not enough fans of the line that felt like you do.

Rtec1

Reaction score
Are we 100% getting series 4 of the figures?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I have no information about this, but my experience and that of my peers tells me that it could be a factory issue or something. It happens. Maybe paint aps were splooshy or an arm was too loose. It's irritating. Also, it might still be April and that particular listing could be a misprint. Or maybe it's when they'll be available on the DST site. I just don't know. Yes, it would be nice to hear someone clear that up. I'd invite any of you guys to ask these questions on their facebook page. If a question is asked enough, they will eventually answer it. EDIT - CORRECTION: When asked this weekend if S3 will be coming soon, the reply was, "Yes, they're coming out. Not sure what you mean by soon, but hopefully by end of spring. Added some accessories, but most of our figures have a 6-month turnaround, give or take." I guess that other listing is incorrect.
I wonder what the additional accessories are.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
i feel like I'll soon be blocked from their twitter lol I've continuously asked about a release date and all they will say is "this summer"

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
In today's Ask Diamond Select Toys, someone asked if there would be more Muppets past series 4, and they said no plans yet, they are waiting for sales, but they are very hopeful.

Would you say hopeful is the same as optimistic? I hope so!