MST3k

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
New series begins on Friday? Fire up the butt thrusters, we need to get this thing in orbit!
*Note to Self: Invest in Congypsco.

*Note to Self 2: Remember to pack escape pod inside box of Hamdingers.

*Note to Self 3: Kill all enemies by means of forklift.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Awww yiss. This is a worthy successor to the original! Jonah is charming, the jokewriting is excellent ("Reptilicus" was particularly wonderful), and Tom and Crow are still Tom and Crow. I can see that the puppeteers need a bit more practice (though so far I've only seen the first three eps, and I assume their operation improves...that reminds me of the original Seasons 0 & 1, when Trace & Kevin were still learning).

The Mads are fun; huzzah for the return of the Invention Exchange; and the new door sequence is wonderful!

My only beef so far is that Gypsy just isn't Gypsy. As is, she feels superfluous. Hoping her character either evolves more or reverts to the original silly girl. RICHARD BASEHEART!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh am I loving this? OH YEAH I AM!!!!! I have watch so far episodes 1-4. They all are too funny. I think they are doing it justice and can't nothing go wrong. Some of the others over on the Facebook Mystery Singles Theater 3000 are getting a little upset cause they are saying it's not cheap enough. I'm like what the heck?! I love it. It looks to good to be cheap. Yes I know that the older show was done on a much small scale of money but hey that's what most of the Kickstarter was for. To get money to make newer puppets and newer set design. I can't complain cause I just can't get enough of it. I'm loving it to MUCH! Can I say that too much cause I "DO" love it.
My favorite parts so far is the fourth wall breaking jokes. Like the Netflix joke about not getting ratings or the on going joke of the Theme song where the robots keep wondering what's going on every time Jonah keeps getting sucked into the tube thing.
Just to good love the puppeterring. Everyone is doing great. Writing is good and can't either wait for more characters from the older show to come on too.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Joel's cameos are fab. And the movie choices thus far are wonderfully hideous (I've seen the first 3 eps as of this posting). Dear frog but what were the filmmakers thinking in Cry Wilderness? Was that a kids' film? A weird comedy? A faux-nature film using up the various feral animals the director's buddy had whimpering around? Wow.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Glad everyone is enjoying it so far. I'm only up to episode 7 myself (besides seeing them when we filmed them). It really is a lot of fun!
So are you able to discuss what part of Crow you were preforming while filming these shows?