Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
As of 2017, it has been 20 years since:
-Brittany Spears's first album
-The time Mike Tyson nearly bit off a man's ear
-The debut of South Park and Teletubbies
-The release of the first Harry Potter book
-The premiere of the Adam Sandler film, Billy Madison and the Disney movie Hercules.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Abraham Lincoln got assassinated on the day that was this year's Easter. Does that mean that Abraham Lincoln got shot the same day that Judas betrayed Jesus and Pilate killed Him on the cross? I'm not sure because the date of Easter changes every year and we also have no historical record (that I'm aware of) of the exact date Jesus was crucified. But if so:that would mean that two extremely sad well known historical moments happened on the SAME day, :cry:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's a shocking historical fact:Napoleon wasn't short! He was actually an average height guy (people have found historical records which confirm this) but we often interpret him as being short in pictures for some reason.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Time to answer the age old question:how does CatDog go to the bathroom? It comes out the cat's mouth instead of a urethra. Just kidding! Unless Nickelodeon finally tells us, we'll never know, LOL!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Coping with violence is often too much. Victims may rather avoid discussing their awful experiences at all, ever, rather than remember them...especially publicly.
Really? Didn't know because I just thought it was the right thing to do.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Really? Didn't know because I just thought it was the right thing to do.
Reporting a crime usually is the right thing...but imagine feeling dirty and ashamed, violated and wronged...and having to then describe to a total stranger all that happened to you, for instance, a cop taking down your statement. Many people would rather not be put through that. There is still a segment of society that treats assault victims as though the attack was their fault: "You were dressed scantily, what did you think would happen?" etc. That mentality can make a victim feel that the attack was somehow their own fault.

Too many reasons why these things aren't reported more often.

gravy

Reaction score
So apparently Brian Henson is married to Mia Sara (A.K.A. The girl from Ferris Bueller) and he performed Jack in Return to Oz.