Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So on The Last Man on Earth, Tandy was name-dropping inspirational people in an episode a while back, not going to go into full details, becuase it's kind of complicated to explain, long story short, one of them was Jim Henson.
I love that one! They reference Jim Henson in one episode and John Mellencamp (my favorite singer) in the episode directly after. In other words:The Last Man on Earth is awesome! :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Jim Henson and Frank Oz made cartoon cameos on The Simpsons. I'm not surprised that they parodied Jim (everybody seems to do that) but Frank Oz rarely gets spoofed on anything. So that made me really happy to see, :smile:.

Muppet Master

Reaction score

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Family Guy made fun of how Sesame Street is on HBO now. It was actually a decent episode with a surprisingly sweet ending (by modern Family Guy standards). Maybe they are getting their mojo back. I hope so, :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Family Guy made fun of how Sesame Street is on HBO now. It was actually a decent episode with a surprisingly sweet ending (by modern Family Guy standards). Maybe they are getting their mojo back. I hope so, :smile:.
I just got done binging the new season of Family Guy. I actually really like this season, it's by far the best once since Season 12 which is, in my opinion, one of the last extremely funny ones.........until now. There were one or two jokes about Jesus that I didn't appreciate but aside from that this season has had more consistency with good jokes and parodies than I've seen them have in a long time. If Seth and the writers continue the way they are going right now, I will have full respect for that show again. Seth MacFarlane, I applaud you for "pulling a Stephen Hillenburg" and making a once mediocre classic again! SpongeBob had a similar dark time period in the show's long run which is evident through the fact that any time a children's show resorts to suicide jokes for a cheap laugh, Nickelodeon may need to get the original writers back which is exactly what they did. While I do enjoy dark humor, I don't think that topics like death and suicide are appropriate to joke about on shows intended for children:which to me, makes it more disturbing than funny. Young people have committed suicide in real life plenty of times:we don't need to put that idea in children's heads especially from a Nickelodedon cartoon that most parents see as happy, sweet, and charming. Long story short:Spongebob and Family Guy are both going back to their original roots and I couldn't be happier! :smile:

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Eh, they're probably just starting to run out of things to shock the audience with, so by nature the show has to get more tame. But hey, maybe you're right. I mean, SpongeBob is finally getting a little better again after being sucky for a long time, so who knows?

Meanwhile... The season premiere of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt featured Bill Barretta as a puppeteer on Sesame Street :laugh::

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I saw another really funny one on Robot Chicken in which the Doozers from Fraggle Rock were trying to deport an illegal immigrant Doozer.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not exactly a Muppet reference, per say, but I was rewatching the first season of Kimmy Schidt and noticed Peter Linz and Noel MacNeal made a cameo:

Don't know how I didn't catch that before :embarrassed:.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
One episode of The Good Place had Michael learn what Elmo was and then he was disappointed how they overused him.