Muppet Fan Confessions

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Third confession!

As much as I adore Frank, I prefer Eric's performances of Piggy, Fozzie and Sam. Especially Piggy, considering I generally skip over any of her solo moments in TMS and anything up until MFS.

You know, this is actually kind of therapeutic.
Here's the thing. Overall, I prefer Frank's versions of pretty much all of his characters- Miss Piggy, Animal, Sam. I think Frank just had a gift for comic timing and ad libbing, he helped make them what they are today. That being said, I actually do prefer Eric's Fozzie, and I think he's a slightly better puppeteer than Frank...

And that brings me to another confession...
I think Eric Jacobson, David Rudman, and Matt Vogel are actually better manipulators than Frank Oz, Richard Hunt and Jerry Nelson.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
ok here is my Muppet confession# 1, i feel that Disney treats the Muppet's like their meal ticket ,than what they are really worth. when Jim Henson was alive and in control of the Muppet's, he wasn't all about money like Disney is, he was all about creativity, imagination, and making people smile.

ok Muppet confession # 2, i can see how the Muppet's were disrespected, in the 2011 Muppet movie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
True but for Disney the Muppets are just one of the things they own.. If Starwars makes more money they will go with that.. its the stad truth.
Well, they are a business. They have to go with what's making them money or else they'll go bankrupt. Even the Jim Henson Company sold the Muppets because they weren't profitable anymore and they didn't know what to do with them.
And another thing we can't forget is, the most recent TV show just ended last year. We can't expect them to do another big production right away. I'm just glad that they're at least still getting to do all these live appearances, YT videos and guest spots, which seems to be the best option for them at this point.