Official: Disney announces Muppet Babies return in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
It'd be funny if :news: was involved in a few episodes.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
It'd be funny if :news: was involved in a few episodes.
That actually WOULD be funny.

Also, I have to wonder if what Guy Gilchrist told me yesterday at Wizard World Philadelphia is the truth: That Disney doesn't want to do any 'profit sharing' with some of the companies who have clips owned by them featured in the show, and thus that's why the DVD hasn't happened yet. If so, that would be painfully bad news. That being said, however, I cannot lose hope. Not yet. The 60s Batman television series had a similarly painful / tricky legal wrangling process that eventually straightened itself out and we now have every episode of the original Batman 60s TV show on DVD *and* Blu-Ray. Hopefully Disney isn't being petty about this and can straighten that out in time for the new show's debut.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I've never understood why they're called "Babies" when they're clearly old enough to walk around and speak coherently. Some of them are in diapers, sure, but they seem to be old enough to not need them in a little bit. I dunno. Muppet Babies loses all its logic if you think hard enough about it. Best not to dwell too hard on it. I doubt that the Muppet characters were in a year's age difference back then. I mean, Baby Kermit already had a nephew at let's just say age 3. By that logic, sure, nephew by the definition, but they'd be roughly the same age, not a 20 something-40 year something old character with a 6 year old.

Just...when it comes to Muppet Babies don't think too much about it. You don't want to go down the rabbit hole and realize how negligent Nanny is for leaving the room that many times an episode instead of watching them.
I guess people could say the same thing about Rugrats, when you have slightly older kids like Chuckie and Angelica...

Status
Not open for further replies.