The Doctor Who Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Alright, the two part season finale is soon. Some major stuff is going down, but i'm going to try to avoid spoilers for a week because I want to watch both parts on the same day. That means I have to not look at Doctor Who news sites, or any websites that would cover TV news for an entire week. This is gonna be hard :embarrassed:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is it me or is it taking a super long time for them to announce the next Doctor?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Is it me or is it taking a super long time for them to announce the next Doctor?
Maybe, instead of announcing it, they're going to keep it secret until the Christmas special airs, and they'll be all, "Merry Christmas! Here's the next Doctor!"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Maybe, instead of announcing it, they're going to keep it secret until the Christmas special airs, and they'll be all, "Merry Christmas! Here's the next Doctor!"
Frankly, that would be amazing. And they have kept a lot of things secret this season, besides John Simm's return. Last season they were terrible about spoilers. They somehow let it leak that Davros was coming back, and they gave very detailed descriptions of the last two episodes just weeks before they aired.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Nope, looks like the 13th Doctor will be revealed in just two days:

I'm excited but scared. Also, I wish I could be in denial about Capaldi leaving for a little while longer.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I'm excited but scared. Also, I wish I could be in denial about Capaldi leaving for a little while longer.
Same here. I know I've said this about all the new series Doctors (maybe not in this thread, but somewhere), but Capaldi is definitely my favorite. This is the first time I've been truly sad to see a Doctor go.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Welp, here we are. And the new Doctor is an actress named Jodie Whittaker!
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...tor-who-jodie-whittaker-announced-13th-doctor

And here's the announcement video:

Some fanboys are angry about this, but i'm super excited. The show has never picked a bad actor to be the Doctor. Yes, even Colin Baker was a good actor. And i've been watching Broadchurch, so I can definitely say that Jodie is a brilliant actor!