International skits on Youtube...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just found a full episode of Norwegian Sesam Stasjon! If you want to watch it, be sure to do so before it gets taken down. The person who posted it has some other episodes as well...
Boy, it is so weird watching this show for the first time since I was a tiny kid. First of all, Grover's name is Gunnar? That is so not a thing you would name a muppet! Gunnar is the kind of name you'd expect from some old guy who lives down the street. Also, some of the animations teaching you to count/the letter O are borderline psychedelic :concern:
I love that everyone speaks the Oslo dialect. Shows these days try to be all-inclusive with different dialects, so the Oslo dialect brings me right back to the TV of my childhood :smile:
Awesome! I like the premise of it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I fall behind on uploading to my Plaza Sesamo channel, mostly because I just forget to, even though I have dozens more stuff to put up. But anywho, I'm gonna add more this week in celebration of Earth Day, so here's what Willie Wimple (or Memo Mendez) sounds like in Spanish:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

Here's that fear song in Spanish (I sadly don't think this song will ever see the light of day in English, but one can hope).

If any rate, it at least has the original music..... Though I definitely prefer the Sesame Strasse music.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
While the German backing for the Fear skit is much more modern and intense (for its time) the original backing has that wonderful 50s/60s rock inspired sound to it. Those are some of my favorite kinds of Sesame songs! Wondering if it's a Chris Cerf or Jeff Moss composition. I'm willing to bet Chris and/or Jeff were at least vocalists in the English track.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm definitely guessing that's a Cerf song just from listening to the music, but don't take my word for it.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I'm working on separating and uploading some of the international Sesame Street clips from the Tony Geiss tapes. Here's one of the 3 Canadian highlights.