The Star Wars Han Solo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Disney/Lucasfilm fires Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller and hires Ron Howard to direct The Han Solo movie,
I personally love Ron Howard I am happy about this.

Films // JUNE 22, 2017

Ron Howard to Assume Directorial Duties on the Untitled Han Solo Film
Lucasfilm is pleased to announce that Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard has been named director of the untitled Han Solo film.

“At Lucasfilm, we believe the highest goal of each film is to delight, carrying forward the spirit of the saga that George Lucas began forty years ago,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “With that in mind, we’re thrilled to announce that Ron Howard will step in to direct the untitled Han Solo film. We have a wonderful script, an incredible cast and crew, and the absolute commitment to make a great movie. Filming will resume the 10th of July.”

Howard has made some of the biggest hits and most critically-acclaimed movies of the modern era. Among his many films are Lucasfilm’s Willow, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind (winner of four Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director), The Da Vinci Code, Frost/Nixon, and Rush. He also narrated and produced the beloved comedy series Arrested Development, starred in George Lucas’ American Graffiti, and remains a TV icon for his roles in The Andy Griffith Show and Happy Days.

The untitled Han Solo film is slated for a May 25, 2018, release.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Here's the official teaser:

Love it!!! So excited!!! :excited::excited::excited::excited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Here's the official teaser:

Love it!!! So excited!!! :excited::excited::excited::excited:
I love the look of it too! it has a Blade Runner feel to it and a Western as well! I love the Space Storm kind of like in the Rebels Cartoon and it has a Kraken in the middle of it I absolutely love it!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to this. After Han's death in The Force Awakens, I was worried that we would never see him again. So with Han being one of my favorite Star Wars characters and all, this movie is definitely at the top of my watch list for upcoming films (the only one proceeding it is The Avengers:Infinity War. That trailer may be the most awesome movie trailer that has come out so far this year....and that's saying something).

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I pretty much like the looks of everything in here with the exception of...

Han Solo. I know, he can't look like Harrison Ford because he's not Harrison Ford, yadda, yadda. But he just looks nothing like him. I mean, in Saving Mr. Banks Tom Hanks looks sort of like Walt Disney. Not exactly like him, but sort of like him.

This guy, on the other hand, looks NOTHING like Han Solo. That might be a bad comparison, but whatever.

Still, I'm looking forward to the movie anyhow. I'm that big of a fan. :smirk:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am seeing Solo Tomorrow at 11:30AM at my local theater here in Port Charlotte Florida! I cant wait! I also ordered the Soundtrack on CD because I feel CD sounds so much Richer then Streaming or Digital...

Status
Not open for further replies.