We Need Another Movie

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if the Muppets continued to produce YouTube-exclusive content, but at the same time, I would still like to see them do other things of more substance; but again, I really wish Disney would actually let actual Muppet writers/producers/directors come up with something that really showcases the Muppets' uniqueness, rather than trying to bring in more mainstream writers/producers/directors to try to give the Muppets mainstream, formulaic appeal. I mean, isn't Kirk Thatcher supposedly working on a potential new Muppet series or some sort?
Actually, after reading this page of another thread:
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...ets-most-wanted-theatrical-film.57199/page-35

And after reading this Craig Shemin interview:
http://www.toughpigs.com/craig-shemin-part-2/

I now kind of agree with you that we should have a Muppet writer to write the next movie. I think i'd like a collaboration with Craig and Jim Lewis. It would also be amazing to get Frank Oz involved, but that seems less likely.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jim Lewis is, to me, sort of the successor to Jerry Juhl in terms of Muppet writers when it comes to movies - he really seems to have a lot of Jerry's sensibilities in terms of not just the characters, their personalities, and their interplay, but also the right balance of humor, heart, and edge. Much like Joey Mazzarino for SST, where it seemed as though he was becoming the new Jon Stone.

As for Frank, he seems to retain the mentality that he'll only get involved if he's asked to, but nobody is asking him.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I recently went to Disney Hollywood Studios and after the Muppet 3-D movie Show I went into the Muppets gift shop and to say lack of Muppets Merchandising would be a serious under statement. not one Muppet stuffed plush toy:frown: I really don't think Disney has any interest in Muppets it really pains me to say that but it is true we deserve another theatrical film at least and or a TV show. what was wrong with the last ABC Muppets show in 2015? I loved it! It's Ironic Fresh Off The Boat aired the same year as the Muppets in 2015 yet the only show out of the two that is still on the air is Fresh Off The Boat. don't get me wrong FOTB Is ok but Muppets Show 2015 was much better. me and my dad loved the show we watched every week it aired the year my family moved to our new house in Punta Gorda Florida!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Um, Fresh Off the Boat started way before the Muppets series did.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
Anything not bringing in loads of dosh was ditched when the new whatever (Can't remember term or name) came in and tried to make the channel their own. Same happened with Castle, Nashville and Agent Carter.