Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4725 - The Recycling Fairy

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4725 - The Recycling Fairy
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 24, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday February 12, 2018

Redusa the Recycling Fairy visits Sesame Street and helps everyone recycle their old trash into something new to help keep the Earth clean and beautiful.

This episode features an all-new street story, Murray Has a Little Lamb ("Recycling Center") and a new Elmo's World ("Recycling").

If you saw "The Recycling Fairy" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I liked it, seeing Oscar with such a large role. And seeing the Count out and about; I don't think he's even been in a street story since Matt took over (which was 2013). And nice to have cameos by Telly, 2-Head and Mr. Johnson.

I'm 80% sure that Redusa's rap was supposed to be a spoof of "My Shot" from Hamilton (an admittedly poor one).

I've always though that Recycle Bot animation was neat; the person made a second one, I don't know why they haven't bothered airing it. Isn't that just throwing money away?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I loved how much of Redusa's outfit was made from recyclables, like her newspaper wings. As previously mentioned, we had a nice assortment of characters today with Oscar, Count, and the brief cameos from Telly, Mr. Johnson, and the Two-Headed Monster. Abby's little hero-worship of Redusa was kind of cute too - those little squeals of delight are adorable. I also liked that Redusa was shown to have good intentions with wanting to recycle as much as she could, but without making her a Well-Intentioned Extremist, which you often see in kids shows.

That being said, I do have a couple of quibbles with this episode: in the animated bit about recycling newspaper, the boy says his mom recycles newspaper by using it to clean windows - that's actually something you're not supposed to do, because if you use paper-based products to clean glass surfaces or non-glass surfaces like monitors and such, they can get scratched and damaged. Also, while we had a LOTD and a NOTD, there really wasn't anything to teach them . . . in fact, we went straight from the NOTD song to EW.
I've always though that Recycle Bot animation was neat; the person made a second one, I don't know why they haven't bothered airing it. Isn't that just throwing money away?
I heartell that a TV series adaptation of BLAZING SADDLES was produced over a three or four year period, and was never aired (except for the pilot).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was pretty good. As Drtooth said, (I really wish he comes back), Redusa's voice was basically like Wanda's from Fairly Odd Parents. We got the first appearance of the Count in a street story since 2013, and the Two-Headed Monster's reaction to the tissue box was funny. It was nice to see Bert's cameo in EW.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Recycling Fairy" premieres on PBS this Monday February 12. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.