New Sababa Plush Sets including The Electric Mayhem Band

HerryGrail

Reaction score
Just picked up the Mayhem set at a Hot Topic in Jacksonville (when they see a 40-year-old in business attire at the checkout, they have to feel they're losing their edge). They're a little smaller and more claw-machine than I imagined (though the Nanco Fozzie I won a few weeks ago is one of the best I've seen...detailed open mouth and everything!), but they're still great. I'm not sorry they're missing their instruments, which would likely be hardened felt that would be crinkled and folded in transit.

The three sets they had were very different from each other; there was a lot of variation in the distance between Janice's mouth and eye decals, for example. I think that's why so many people are finding them "ugly"...hold out for a good set!

The set I settled on was pretty easy to pick...unlike the others, Dr. Teeth's nose stuck straight out, and Janice's eyes and mouth matched well. The only problem was that one of Floyd's eyes was squished a bit, but I've brought in the paper-clip brigade to straighten them out for a few days!

A great set...but we need a matching Animal!

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Augh, you got the plush Mayhem? Luckyyyyy! Did they recently come to Hot Topic or something? Cause everytime I go to the mall, I check Hot Topic, and they're never there. Or did they only came to certain Hot Topics, for some weird reason, or maybe I can be order 'em online... *rubs hands together deviously*

Did this post even have a point? Meh...

Thog

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
Augh, you got the plush Mayhem? Luckyyyyy! Did they recently come to Hot Topic or something? Cause everytime I go to the mall, I check Hot Topic, and they're never there. Or did they only came to certain Hot Topics, for some weird reason, or maybe I can be order 'em online... *rubs hands together deviously*

Did this post even have a point? Meh...
I got mine yesterday at SunCoast. They also have the new tv trays and the other new sababa plush.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
ooh... maybe I can get my mom or brother to take me to Suncoast. I rully need to learn how to drive.

HerryGrail

Reaction score
I've been checking...they just got to our Hot Topic, and the rest of the new merchandise has come to Suncoast (fortunately both are right across from each other). In fact, most everything seems to have just hit, including the new Simpsons stuff as well. So check (or call) as much as you can, especially this weekend!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thog said:
I got mine yesterday at SunCoast. They also have the new tv trays and the other new sababa plush.

I'm SHOCKED that Newburry Comics doesn't have them yet, aren't you?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Media play!!!!! yaaaaa! Media Play had the EM set! the Kermit and Piggy set! the Toga Animal and bule hooded Fozzie set! all four car toppers and the Muppet tin tray plus alot of other stuff they have had for a while now!

I got the EM, cartoppers and tin tray! what a Muppet mother load! Hopefuly they will get the Statler and Waldorf set too!

oh and it's better to buy the EM at Media Play as it's cheeper there as I also saw it at Hot Topic too, but it cost more just like the other sabba plush.

here's another tip, buy John Denver and the Muppets RMH DVD at Media play as it's the cheepest price place I saw it, and I got mine at Walmart :mad:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I saw them at Media Play today too--And I like them a lot.

I *AM* bugged that they went through all the trouble of making Zoot, Janice, Floyd, and Dr. Teeth, but didn't include ANIMAL. The most marketed of EM members, and they didn't just toss him in? AARRGH!!!

Because of that little oversight, I'm passing on the EM plushes.

But that Toga Animal is sah-wheet. I'll be buying him fer sure.

And Hoodie Fozzie, by default.

The other Sababas...Stat/Wald look too pimpy, and Piggy looks too hoochie...but I like the (incomplete) Mayhem and Toga Animal.

Car toppers--cute, but too cartoony.

Haven't seen the tin goods yet.

The Palisades PVCs were there too. BIG. SOOOO BIG.

:excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are so many animal beans floating around from various companies that would easily fit into the set. That's what I'm going to do. :halo:

Haven't received the minis yet, but I am excited.

rexcrk

Reaction score
For my sister's b-day today, my parents get me a little something too and vice versa on my b-day, and they got me the Electric Mayhem set! I'm sooooo happy, they're sooo cool! :big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :cool:

Actually, in a way I'm kind of glad that Animal didn't come with the set, 'cause that means that it's just the more obscure characters from EM, although it woulda been nice if they had the complete band too :halo: