Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Guess this means all of steve's original characters are gone as well.
Yeah good bye Lips and Rizzo.
C'mon guys, I'm sure someone else will perform them. I know they're more minor characters, but I don't think they're being retired. Well, at least not Rizzo. Not too sure about Lips, because he really isn't seen too much.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'm not going to apologise for feeling this way. They had a perfectly healthy, talented, enthusiastic puppeteer with a fountain of Muppet knowledge at his disposal and they kicked him out the door. They didn't even have the common decency to set up a proper meeting to see if they could resolve any issues they had.
Again, nobody knows the whole story, but you shouldn't make such false accusations either.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Statler and Beaker have been recast before and will be recast again. And I'm sure recasting such "minor" characters as the Newman and Link isn't a priority for Disney.

Rizzo is really the only character to be truly concerned about.
Mike Quinn says he'd like to see Rizzo retired and I must say I agree. I can only see Rizzo becoming flanderized in the hands of another. Unlike Kermit, Rizzo hasn't had enough time to develop to the point that someone else could add to his character and still be recognisably Rizzo.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Unlike Kermit, Rizzo hasn't had enough time to develop to the point that someone else could add to his character and still be recognisably Rizzo.
As much as I'd hate to say it, I agree. I can't see anyone else performing Rizzo with the character remaining.