Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was watching The Muppets Take Manhattan today, and I kind of think that the way Steve has been since Jim's untimely death is the way Kermit was with selling the show. I think since the very beginning Disney has had some kind of plan for the Muppets, and Steve knowing these characters the way he dose knew that direction was wrong or off in some regard.
Steve was trying to protect the Muppets Jim's legacy and vision, and us fans. So him being difficult may have been uncomfortable for Disney, but in the end a great thing for The Muppets,and the fans.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Heh. A friend was told by someone that Steve is no longer able to perform because his hand was bitten off by a dog. :insatiable::rolleyes:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
When I first heard about this through friends, I didn't want to believe it. And frankly, I was reluctant to share the news here last weekend. I knew how much it would confuse and crush everyone. But more so confuse, as I didn't have concrete evidence to back me up. I also felt that's it wasn't my place to discuss the matter after initially posting. It didn't help that I may have scared some of you with the mere idea of Steve being gone from the Muppets. My apologies for all do that. I promise that in the future, I won't post anything that doesn't have an official confirmation behind it.

Come Monday and we do have official confirmation about Steve's departure.

And I feel awful. Not for myself, but for both Steve and the other fans. Maybe it will hit me on a personal level a little later down the line, but for now, my concerns are with everyone else. There's not much I can add that hasn't already been brought up in this forum, but I just want to send my love to everyone here in what is, and probably will remain for some time, a difficult period.

Last edited by a moderator:

muppetperson

Reaction score
What I find strange, is that Sesame Workshop, a completely different company to Disney, also recast Ernie, also what Steve performed!!!