Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
By that logic, would all would be "spamming" this thread. :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Gotta love how they're trying to make it sound like he left on his own accord; typical company move, make them look like the good guys.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:concern::mad::sympathy::confused::eek::boo::grr::sigh::frown::cry::grouchy:<- This all I can say.

From digitalspy.com:

This is very much saying: "Thanks Steve, your fired".

Thanks Disney:grouchy:
Gotta love how they're trying to make it sound like he left on his own accord; typical company move, make them look like the good guys.
Who's the current Disney CEO, Trump?
Read this post from Jarrod and hopefully, you'll understand that even though you might be angry at Disney for this decision, you should still support any future Muppet projects: https://muppetmindset.wordpress.com/2017/07/13/a-rock-a-hard-place/
While the article is interesting, I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that we're all ready to grab our pitchforks and torch Disney to the ground.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Another theory I heard from somewhere else that I can see being a very strong possibility: Steve lives in Georgia while most of the other Muppeteers live in either New York or California.

And the top brass probably got fed up over the fact that Steve had a much longer commute to those places and suggested that Steve move from Atlanta to Los Angeles to make himself even more readily available, but it seems to me that Steve didn't wish to move away from Atlanta.
I don't see commuting being a problem. As you mentioned, the Muppeteers aren't in the one place, so there is always going to be a lot of travelling to get them together, whether filming be in California or New York, and with technology, things can be filmed and put together and they don't even have to be in the same place.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Read this post from Jarrod and hopefully, you'll understand that even though you might be angry at Disney for this decision, you should still support any future Muppet projects: https://muppetmindset.wordpress.com/2017/07/13/a-rock-a-hard-place/
I fully intend to continue my support for the Muppets! However this is truning out more and more to be Disney vs. Steve.
I just checked the online petition at change.org and since last night it has 335 signatures. Which is not bad, but also could be a whole lot better.
Again it surprises me how much more support the older cast members of Sesame got then with Steve.
Now I know what everyone thinks about online petitions, and the fact that they don't work. However, let me repeat what I have been saying. Steve was trying to protect The Muppets, and Jim's legacy. So if he was becoming difficult for Disney then that means he was trying to do right by Jim, and The Muppets. For me it's no question who gets my support.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I fully intend to continue my support for the Muppets! However this is truning out more and more to be Disney vs. Steve.
I just checked the online petition at change.org and since last night it has 335 signatures. Which is not bad, but also could be a whole lot better.
Again it surprises me how much more support the older cast members of Sesame got then with Steve.
Now I know what everyone thinks about online petitions, and the fact that they don't work. However, let me repeat what I have been saying. Steve was trying to protect The Muppets, and Jim's legacy. So if he was becoming difficult for Disney then that means he was trying to do right by Jim, and The Muppets. For me it's no question who gets my support.
Dwayne, could you post the link to the petition? I checked out change.org and I don't see it and I can't find a search engine or anything.