Your Sesame Street VHS tape collections

BertsNose

Reaction score
Anyone think its possible to obtain every SST tape out there? At least the Random House and Sony Wonder releases.
I wouldn't know. I was kind of hoping to someday find the Random House VHS of the Best of Ernie and Bert since that is the one I had as a kid. I don't know if there are still old copies of that being sold. I'm also hoping to find The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street which I believe is a Sony Wonder release I'm not sure. Same with A Celebration of Me Grover. I never saw that one before and have no idea if it's a Sony Wonder release. I never can never seem to find it. I found it on amazon but not for a price I'm willing to pay. I found The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street listed on ebay as well but I'm not too crazy about the price.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Anyone think its possible to obtain every SST tape out there? At least the Random House and Sony Wonder releases.
Shoot yeah! I think anyone can unless some one else has bought every copy but I know I have several of the Random House ones and Sony too on VHS.. I have two copies of "Getting Ready for School" but they both have different looking covers just the same picture of Grover. See for your self.
colorings on the cover.

DePingPong

Reaction score
The one's I need to get are;
Count it Higher
A New Baby in my House
and that will complete my MSSTHV collection. Working on the Sesame Songs ones, currently have Sing Yourself Silly and ESAGG

DePingPong

Reaction score
Collection update I guess.
Most recent grabs are Big Bird's Storytime and Play Along Games and Songs.

Question for you guys, what are you favorite and least favorite Sesame tapes or DVDs? Regardless of if you own them or not, maybe you used to own them or you saw them on YT or something.

Favorites;
The Best of Elmo
Elmo's Sing Along Guessing Game
Learning About Numbers
Bedtime Stories and Songs
Sing Yourself Silly

Least:
Imagine That
Do the Alphabet
Dance Along (it's classic but kinda boring, Mike isn't on my list of favorite human cast members by any means, lol)
Alphabet Jungle Game/the Numbers equivalent to it, dont remember the name, they're just incredibly boring and lack substance, imo.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Just trying to get some discussion going here since SST VHS tapes are a fun topic for me, I love collecting and watching them from time to time.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had some. Mine were Do The Alphabet, The Best Of Elmo, and various Elmo’s World tapes.

cjd874

Reaction score
Collection update I guess.
Most recent grabs are Big Bird's Storytime and Play Along Games and Songs.

Question for you guys, what are you favorite and least favorite Sesame tapes or DVDs? Regardless of if you own them or not, maybe you used to own them or you saw them on YT or something.
My favorites are Learning About Letters, Play-Along Games and Songs, Monster Hits, Sing Yourself Silly, and Rock and Roll. Some brief tidbits about each one:

• Letters was probably the first SS VHS I saw. The standout segments were Lena Horne's alphabet song, Monster Meal, Kermit draws an M, and "The King Who Banished the Letter P."
  • Play-Along Games: I distinctly recall laughing out loud at the Beat the Time sketch with Cookie Monster and "Over, Under, Around and Through."
  • Monster Hits: my favorites were Fur, Healthy Food, Frazzle, and C is for Cookie.
  • Sing Yourself Silly: Mary Had a Bicycle. Any questions?
  • Rock and Roll: I remember bringing this VHS into kindergarten for show and tell one day, and everybody liked it. At home, I would dance around my living room to "Hip to Be a Square," "Telephone Rock," and "Can't Get No Cooperation."
  • Least favorites: Big Bird's Storytime, The Great Numbers Game/Alphabet Jungle, and SS At the Hospital. Storytime was kinda boring and not well-paced, same for Numbers Game/Alphabet Jungle. SS Hospital was so sad to watch as a kid because Big Bird was frightened to be in the hospital, although the final song managed to cheer me up somewhat.

BertsNose

Reaction score
Just trying to get some discussion going here since SST VHS tapes are a fun topic for me, I love collecting and watching them from time to time.
Anything VHS related is an exciting topic for me. Anyway, in answer to your question of what is my favorite Sesame Street VHS, it would probably have to be the only three I still own which were ordered online; The Best of Ernie and Bert, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, and Put Down the Duckie.

Least Favorite:
Dance Along (My memory of it is kind of vague. I agree that while the tape is a classic it was kind of boring. Looking at the Muppet Wikia now, I see "Batty Bat", and "A New Way to Walk" was in it. I see "Doin the Pigeon" was in it as well but I don't remember that at all. While those are some of my favorite Sesame Street songs, Dance Along just isn't that memorable for me, while it probably is for others. No offence.)

Any Del

Reaction score
I have:
Elmo's World: Happy Holidays (VHS)
Elmocize (DVD)
Get Up and Dance (VHS)
Computer Caper (DVD)
At one time I use to have Elmo Visits the Firehouse (VHS)