Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Cheryl Henson, that is so uncalled for. I can't even believe someone would write that. Steve put his heart and soul into working with the muppets for so long and he did an amazing job as Kermit. I'm honestly so mad right now.
Exactly. Kermit was only bitter and depressed BECAUSE OF HOW HE WAS WRITTEN BY PEOPLE WHO CLEARLY MISUNDERSTOOD THE CHARACTER!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Mike Quinn's comment:
"Although it's irrelevant who gave Kermit to Steve, there's a chance that Jim told Steve he wanted him to take him over when the time comes - and Brian had to physically do that after Jim's passing. So I suspect they are both right.

As to Kermit's character, that's 100% scripted and Steve fought hard to have him not be mean. I was there, I saw it happen.

Just going with what I know and personally witnessed
"
That's exactly what i've been thinking. If it was really Steve's fault that Kermit was depressed and mean, than how come on all the interviews we saw Kermit always showed his sweet, fun side.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
And if Cheryl had a problem with Steve personally, there was no reason for her to insult his performance.
Exactly. While I understand that she was posting it privately on Facebook, I don't see why her comments had to be so mean-spirited.
And Steve doesn't write the scripts. Why is Cheryl blaming him?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Some person on the ToughPigs forum said,

''Truth be told-- and I'm not allowed to say who this is from-- but the Henson family and Frank Oz were never impressed with Steve's version of Kermit.''

So why was he casted???
This is seriously getting annoying. It's never going to be easy to fill in the role of Kermit the frog. Steve tried his best and did very well in my opinion. I'd like to see Frank oz or any of the henson family perform kermit.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
*** HAS CHERYL HENSON DONE FOR THOSE CHARACTERS SINCW 1990 HER TWO BROTHERS KEPT THE MUPPETS A FOALT YOU ABANDONED THEM ONCE AND THEN AS SOON AS THEY BOUGHT THEM BACK THEY SHIP THEM DOWN TO DISNEY.
SO SHE HAS NO IMPUT ON WHAT GOES ON ANYMORE