Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Ugh, I don't know what to think anymore. At first, I was really sad for Steve, but then his kids come in and start bashing him. I feel like at the end of the day, Steve meant well though.
I think Steve meant well, but he came off as disrespectful and unprofessional in voicing his opinions. His bosses probably expected him to do as they say (as TheOrangeBird said) but the interview gives me the impression that Steve wasn't used to a different business environment and he was doing what he had done under Jim, which understandably wasn't appreciated.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm not trying to play Steve as the victim, but seriously, if he was hard to work with, why was he kept on until now?
What I'm wondering is when he started to give notes about how to rewrite stuff. Surely, he had to have done it for trash like MWoO.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
What I'm wondering that if this occurred in October of 2016 why are we hearing this now

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What I'm wondering is when he started to give notes about how to rewrite stuff. Surely, he had to have done it for trash like MWoO.
For The Henson's to say anything is a bit silly. They had no invovment in any of the latest productions, and sold the Muppets for cash money. If They cared so much maybe they would have been more involved.

Muppy

Reaction score
For The Henson's to say anything is a bit silly. They had no invovment in any of the latest productions, and sold the Muppets for cash money. If They cared so much maybe they would have been more involved.
The Henson's can say anything they want. They've had first hand experience and are entitled to their own opinions and whatnot.

They're also Jim's children. I think they're allowed to say something even if their company doesn't own the Muppet characters anymore.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Completly agree. They gave them up and that was their decision. They have no say in anything.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Good that the Inside Edition interview let us hear Steve's voice on the problem. I appreciate hearing what he had to say.

I want to be done thinking about this problem and let it go. Reading all the posts generated here in the last few days is enough to almost cause a headache. I feel both sorry and thankful for Steve, I'm sanguine and hopeful for Matt, and that's all I will say.

Let's just see what the darn postponed video looks like when it's uploaded, then we can discuss Matt's Kermit.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The NY Times article is the last thing I intent to read. I'm done.
http://imgur.com/a/CEhSE

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :big_grin: I'm going to listen to the interview now and offer my thoughts. I'm really enjoying reading the comments on this thread as I eat goldfish in my bed, though.

(I'd post it as a pic, but I'm not getting the picture to appear in my post). :rolleyes:

Last edited: