Video: Steve Whitmire and Lisa Henson on Inside Edition

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Mate it's been 27 years. If they were all that upset it would have come out a long time ago
Well people are weird, needless to say. But anyway, I think Lisa Henson's statement is probably more relevant to the current situation:

Henson's daughter, Lisa, told the Times that Whitmire..."played brinkmanship very aggressively in contract negotiations."
Boom. It always comes down to that. You take risks in contract negotations and sometimes it pays off, and sometimes it doesn't. And Lisa also talked about how he couldn't come to the set without a big drama. Now, I can picture Steve being annoyed at the level of writing or whatever it was and maybe pushing too much to be heard. Again, it's a gamble that sometimes pays off and sometimes doesn't. It is a business, and either you hold your nose and play ball or make a statement and resign. Or, like in this case, you're finally asked to leave. That's how it works in any job. Again, I don't "blame" him. Business is just like that.

Last edited:

BeakerGirl94

Reaction score
Brian Henson has said that he considered firing Steve long before Disney took ownership of the franchise but for whatever reason didn't go through with it