Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I don't think I've come here daily in a while. It is great, even if what we're discussing isn't.
If what were hearing Is true and Whitmire was holding back Productions may be we will start hearing Rumors of Muppet Movies and TV shows?
so may be something good comes out of this after all only time will tell we shall see?

all this being said I'm interested to hear what Dave Goelz has to say about this, does he do twitter?

Last edited:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
It's possible. Television is a pain to work in. I would know, for that's what I majored in in college.
I don't really think my statement was the case. I was just curious if it were possible. I know nothing about how television works, just parodies of corrupt corporate executives. But seriously, with Cheryl and Lisa Henson's responses, I'm just completely confused as why wait until now to give Steve the boot.

LinkLady77

Reaction score
No! Just when he proved himself worthy of being the next Link Hogthrob in the new Pigs in Space shorts?!

Okay, so Kermit has been recast, but what about his other characters--Rizzo, Beaker, Bean, Statler, Link, Ernie--who should perform them?
I LOVED his Link Hogthrob...I am sad that I didn't get to hear more of Link being performed by Steve. The only other performer I can think of to do Link justice would be Bill Barretta since he sounded so much like Link with his David Hoggselhoff character from Muppets Tonight.

Another thing that I want to mention is that I am sad to hear about this all unfolding especially since The Jim Henson Exhibition at the Museum of the Moving Image is opening this Friday. I am still looking forward to seeing the exhibit, I gladly contributed on Kickstarter!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'll say this, things are really starting to get into a Turmoil.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The fact that 3 of the 4 remaining Henson children have gone out of their ways to say this...just makes it more disheartening to me and to many others on this site, but also left me a bit confused...If they had problems with Whitmire before, then why didn't they phased him out earlier, like during Muppets Tonight or after Muppet Treasure Island ?

I mean for them to wait this long, even though they don't own the property any more makes it a bit strange and questionable.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can understand what Lisa & Brian said about Steve, even if they didn't like him, at least they were professional about it. But Cheryl's statement on facebook still shocks me. I always imagined everyone in the muppet world as one big family. Guess I was foolish to think that.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Is anyone else going to view some of the early - to - mid '90s and further productions differently?

Like, when I watch Muppet Christmas Carol later this year I'm probably going to be thinking "were they unhappy with Steve as early as this?"

Same thing with Muppet Treasure Island :frown: and so on

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
New interview with Brian http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...s-replaced-character-could-use-change-1022041

I have to say, I'm starting to side with Brian. While I can see what Steve's intentions were, it seems he was holding The Muppets back quite a bit by being afraid to have them take risks. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what The Muppets have in store for future projects and I wish the best for Steve in his future.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I guess that explains why Steve Whitmire got fired because he's a jerk? Not to be mean, but I never realize he can be that disrespectful.

Last edited: