Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Beth C

Reaction score

Difficult to work with? My BUTT!!! Look how much fun he is. I mean.. SERIOUSLY? This was all just Q&A with an audience and look how good humored it was.

If anything it was the material he was given. Kermit would NOT lie to Robin, it's not in his nature.

Now I'm mad at Disney and the Henson kids. I want Steve back.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
My internet goes out for 5 days, and this story blows up while I'm gone.. typical :stick_out_tongue:

So, now the Henson kids are saying it's been long overdue for a recast? I'm not sure if its Steve, or the material he's given, but I do agree that Kermit has seemed oddly bitter the last few years, and the new show really highlighted that for me.. nothing against Steve, of course, he's incredibly talented... I find it particularly odd that they'd put off firing Steve for over 20 years (the Henson kids said there were issues since the 90s iirc)... very weird, and illogical business choice.. something's up here, I know it.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score

Difficult to work with? My BUTT!!! Look how much fun he is. I mean.. SERIOUSLY? This was all just Q&A with an audience and look how good humored it was!
You have every right to be angry, but this is the Steve we see on camera. None of us know the Steve off camera. For all we know, he might be an entirely different person.

Beth C

Reaction score
You have every right to be angry, but this is the Steve we see on camera. None of us know the Steve off camera. For all we know, he might be an entirely different person.

Sort of "on camera" It was a convention. Not really taped for TV. Hard to believe someone at a panel like this where nothing is scripted can be a jerk the rest of the time.

I still think it had to so with the whole storyline of the series that flopped like a dirty dishtowel into the hamper.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sort of "on camera" It was a convention. Not really taped for TV. Hard to believe someone at a panel like this where nothing is scripted can be a jerk the rest of the time.

I still think it had to so with the whole storyline of the series that flopped like a dirty dishtowel into the hamper.
Absolutely, and very few people are jerks most of the time. Or saints most of the time. I mean we all have our good and bad moments.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
IMNSHO (and probably an unpopular one at that), I'm going to go out on a limb and say that being Kermit might have gone to Steve's head, and sometimes, a supercharged ego can cause a person to become Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which would explain why he might have been difficult to work with (I know that's been said, and I'm sorry for repeating myself, but my brain is on overload). I also agree that it's the material that makes Kermit come off as bitter, angry, and depressed. Though Cheryl should watch some episodes of the Muppet Show, as Jim's Kermit wasn't all sweetness and light. He's had several angry moments (Loretta Swit's episode, anyone?)

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
If I may say, Steve is in front of an audience, and he has to act different in front of the audience, whether it be on camera or not, than he would if he wasn't.