One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

JJandJanice

Reaction score
THREAD BUMP.

Didn't know where else to put this but, there were a few things that bothered me. For one, the fact that the movie focused so much on Gary and Mary's relationship, it took a lot of screen time away from the Muppet characters. This was a revival, the writers tried to shove in as many characters as possible But, because there wasn't enough time to do it, much of the film ends up feeling cluttered.

Second, and more then anything else, I really dislike the ending. I mean, it seemed like a really great bittersweet ending at first. They lost their studio, but they left with their heads held high because they still had each other and the support of their fans, and Walter finally gets to live his lifelong dream of working with his heroes. It was a perfectly heartwarming, and gutsy ending. But then, at the very last minute, during the end credits the writers just say "nope, never mind". It was so rushed, and it really cheapened the ending, and kind of undermined the message of the whole movie.
I agree in some regards, that's the only flaw I truly find in the 2011 Muppets movie. However, it's a VERY minor flaw and I suppose they're reasoning for doing that it to, for lack of a better term, add a bit more adult to the Muppets movie. I mean in some regards, the parents and other older folks watching the film probably relate more to the relationship of an actual human couple more so than a pig and a frog. But I don't think it really took much screen time from the Muppets, if any at all really.

And for your complaint on the ending. Again, I do see where you're coming from, but at the same time, let's be honest, it's a family film. Even though when Kermit still had his head held high after seemly losing everything was a great heartwarming scene. Did you really think they were going to end the movie on a downer of "the Muppets can't be the Muppets anymore." I know you were talking about them losing the studio, but the name was a much more important thing to lose.