Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
I have an idea. There has been a great deal of negativity, focusing on the removal of someone. Maybe we should look more towards the positive of the addition of someone. Matt Vogel is an excellent muppeteer with a great history. Regardless, of what one’s opinion is about Steve Whitmire, why don’t we discuss Matt’s experience, his history with the Muppets, and what it might mean to have him performing Kermit full time. The positives. Just a thought.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I have an idea. There has been a great deal of negativity, focusing on the removal of someone. Maybe we should look more towards the positive of the addition of someone. Matt Vogel is an excellent muppeteer with a great history. Regardless, of what one’s opinion is about Steve Whitmire, why don’t we discuss Matt’s experience, his history with the Muppets, and what it might mean to have him performing Kermit full time. The positives. Just a thought.
I see what you mean, it also feels like as if everyone is saying that Disney only cares about money.

gravy

Reaction score
I think what we're all trying to do at this stage (because this thread is dying down) is just to forgive, forget, and move on.

beaker

Reaction score
An avalanche of absolute lies cascading down on Steve Whitmire from every which way. He needs our prayers more than ever. I feel Steve is trying to take the moral high ground, but he has the most powerful company in the world and people with grudges attacking him, and he needs our support. They want Steve to go quietly in the night, as they inject a torrent of innuendo and lies and erase his very memory. It is heartbreaking and painful to be at this moment, but true courage takes speaking out and standing for what you believe. And I believe Steve will be vindicated no matter what happens next.

beaker

Reaction score
Jim was even used to justify that juvenile "Trump supporters can't be Muppet fans" article. :wink:
Completely agree. It was BS to see that article trying to guilt trip people into voting for corrupt Hillary using the name of Jim Henson. Im not what youd call a conservative but I was appalled by that.

But like the Fake News Russian collusion garbage, so many lies by the media being spun about Steve Whitmire. Maybe instead of people protesting fake news about Russia, people should be protesting Disney ? :stick_out_tongue: