The Jim Henson Exhibit at the MoMI

gravy

Reaction score
For all the threads that this has been mentioned, I just want a solid thread for this exhibit. Besides, I feel this'll be the right place to post about the grand opening, the private invitations, and all that good stuff people are excited about.

So here you go!

gravy

Reaction score
I went to the private kickstarter opening. VERY cool. You should totally check it out for yourself. I watched The Muppet Movie in 35mm, and Bonnie Erickson sat 2 rows behind me! I also got hugged by Karen Falk. AAAAA!

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
For all the threads that this has been mentioned, I just want a solid thread for this exhibit. Besides, I feel this'll be the right place to post about the grand opening, the private invitations, and all that good stuff people are excited about.

So here you go!
Does anyone remember the traveling Henson exhibit from a few years back? I remember I saw it (with Dave Goelz, no less!) at the Mesa Arizona Children's museum.

I was wondering what happened to that traveling exhibit? Are some of the items in Momi from that exhibit? Or did those traveling items end up in the Atlanta museum? Does anyone know?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's probably a few similar things, but I think in the interest of keeping things fresh, they'd display different things than the traveling exhibit.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
There's probably a few similar things, but I think in the interest of keeping things fresh, they'd display different things than the traveling exhibit.
I just wonder where the items from the traveling exhibit are now. They were very cool and should be on display somewhere, I'd hope.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My dad sent me an article about it today. The one thing I can't get out of my head is Big Bird in all his 8'2" yellow glory. That I would LOVE to see in person. All I have at my local museum is an Oscar the Grouch in a display about television. I'm not sure if they still have the Kermit, but they had a Miss Piggy the last time I was there (Smithsonian Museum of American History, btw).

gravy

Reaction score
My dad sent me an article about it today. The one thing I can't get out of my head is Big Bird in all his 8'2" yellow glory. That I would LOVE to see in person. All I have at my local museum is an Oscar the Grouch in a display about television. I'm not sure if they still have the Kermit, but they had a Miss Piggy the last time I was there (Smithsonian Museum of American History, btw).
Trust me, it's amazing. Caroll Spinney's electronic bra monitor and script origami is displayed with it.