Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I understand & respect Oz's opinion, but I feel him not liking the newer stuff is more about personal things than about the quality of the productions. I mean, he only watched 15 minutes of the pilot of a TV show before he reached a verdict that it sucked.
Now see here is the difference in the revalance of what Frank has said about the newer productions, and what the Henson kids have said about. Steve. Durring the Muppet Show Frank was brought in as a creative producer. Jim, Frank and the other writers would work very hard on the characters, and there personalities. So even if Frank has not been directly involved with the Muppets he more than anyone else would be able to say what he did about the 2015 show, and be right. Compared to the Henson's blaming Kermit's poor character on Steve. Which makes no sesnse seeing that they have not been involved in the creative process for 13 years. Also with the possible exception of Brian the Henson's where really never heavily involved in character development even when Jim was alive.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'm from Australia, yet even I know Fox News is full of crap. Remember when they accused TM2011 of brainwashing children with communism? Have never been able to take them seriously since.
I remember seeing a video Done by Team Coco acknowledging that.

terrimonster

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust anything from Fox News. They're as biased as CNN and MSNBC.
I'm from Australia, yet even I know Fox News is full of crap. Remember when they accused TM2011 of brainwashing children with communism? Have never been able to take them seriously since.
Guys, read the article before you comment on it. The article is basically the same AP article that has been published in a hundred other places. There's nothing in it that's biased. What Censored was quoting was the comments section. That's what people were saying about the situation. And we should all know that the comments section of any news story is where you find the worst in humanity. It's been a while since I have read comments on a Fox News article, but it's been increasingly clear that it's 90% trolls. People post the worst caricature of far-left or far-right views just to get others mad and see what happens. Most of the crazy stuff isn't even what people really believe, just what they thing will get the most people to respond.

Not to say that some of those comments aren't from people who really believe that, but if they think Steve was fired for being conservative they're way off. I don't know much about him personally, but from what he has said publicly I have a hard time believing he's a right-wing guy.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
Muppets treasure Island was better than the two other 90s films. But Muppets from space is better than Christmas carol as I do not feel it was a good Muppet movie
I totally disagree. I think Muppets from Space was easily the best of the three 90s movies and Treasure Island was the worst of the three. Muppets From Space felt more like a real Muppet movie than the other two.

Christmas Carol has a lot of charm, but the Muppets playing roles is just not as fun as seeing the Muppets as themselves. There have been a million Bob Cratchets but there is only one Kermit. Let Kermit be Kermit.

Treasure Island is (in my opinion) pretty terrible. Aside from the rats thinking they are on a cruise and Sam testing the lifeboat, there isn't much that I like about that film.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
MFS isn't as bad as most people make it out to be, same with KYS, but VMX is the worst.
What is KYS??

A) I don't think Very Merry Muppet Christmas can count because that isn't a real movie. It's a made for tv movie

B) I think Very merry was the best Muppet production post-Jim's death until the 2011 film. It was the first to bring a lot of the Henson/Hunt characters back into the fold after years of non-verbal background scenes. I love that movie so much. I watch it every Christmas.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
Saying Muppets From Space is better than Muppet Christmas Carol is the very definition of crazy talk.
In Muppets from Space they play themselves

In Muppet Christmas Carol they play roles.

Therefore I like Muppets From Space Much, much better.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust anything from Fox News. They're as biased as CNN and MSNBC.
Not that this is the time or place for this discussion, but that's been proven false. Fox is actually one of the most unbiased news sources then you talk 'news'. Fox often gets lumped in as having a right wing bias due to their talking heads/opinion shows that run from 8 pm to 11 pm, but the actual 'news' (not the opinion guys) is very unbiased.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
Now The Muppet parts of the Lady Gaga thing where good, but the other stuff not so much.
Other then that I completely agree with Steve and about the characters being written badly. Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie where all drastically out of character. From Kermit and Piggy's break up to Fozzie dateing it was just way to much character change.
I didn't think any of the characters were badly written with one and only one exception: Scooter. They made Scooter waaaay too weird on the 2015 show. The kicker is that it was hilarious how he was written...It just wasn't Scooter. If Scooter's lines had gone to a new character, it would have been funnier.

I was all for Kermit and Piggy's break up. I never liked Miss Piggy. I actually liked Denise better. I was disappointed when Kermit broke up with Denise and got back with Piggy.

Also, I was upset Gonzo and Camilla had broken up but the show remedied that by the end of it's run.

Overall I thought it was a great show. Deadly was hilarious on it and Sam having a crush on Janice was hysterical and inspired.