Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Y'know, at the risk of contradicting myself, I got to thinking about things, and I guess, in some small way, despite the writing, Steve could be partly at fault for Kermit's personality and performance, if only because I remembered an example that I'm sure @fuzzygobo and @JimAndFrank would understand:

So, when Gary Burghoff chose to leave M*A*S*H, he wanted to be finished with the series altogether and expected to have his character Radar properly written off the show at the end of his final season, when the network decided to persuade him to return at the beginning of the following season to lead up to a to a big send-off for sweeps. When he came back, he apparently was really irritable, and it apparently showed through his performance enough that episode writer Ken Levine has complained about it on his blog years ago.

So, I guess yeah, maybe it's partly the fault of the writers and partly the fault of Steve.
Then why would he be fighting so hard for the integrity of the characters?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I mean is so many people have been blaming Kermit's "bitterness" and "depressed personality" all on Steve's performance only, and so many other people have been blaming the poor writing for Kermit's characterization only - of which I also blamed the latter; after remembering the M*A*S*H example, I'm saying it actually is quite possible that both are at fault in some small way.

I still don't doubt that Steve fought for the integrity of the Muppets.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
See the thing is, I really don't have the problem with Kermit's character like others have claimed.

I talked about it on other places that I became invested in the Muppets when the 2011 movie was announced and I started doing my research. Before then, I was one of those people who only knew them because of Sesame Street and Muppet Vision in Walt Disney World.

During the 2011 movie, I felt this emotional connection Kermit because I understood what he was feeling and going through in the movie. He had lost his friends and lost hope in himself. Even watching it now, I feel like it was a difference kind of performance with Kermit and something that I still connect to.

Same thing goes for the 2015 show, I really liked how they tried to do something different with the characters.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's being held hostage out of fear that the inevitable arguing amongst fans will turn into legitimate war.
Of coarse! I new dats ho Warld Warr III wood start. Not the missile launch code getting intoo the rong (tiny) hands, not by politickle conflict, or greed, but because Muppets fans woodn't agrees on Matt Vogel's Kermit. Allz me theories conformed !!1!1!1 All my frendz thoughts i was cray-z. They call me A conspircy theorist. But I no im naht cray-z Your crayzy, mom!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Of coarse! I new dats ho Warld Warr III wood start. Not the missile launch code getting intoo the rong (tiny) hands, not by politickle conflict, or greed, but because Muppets fans woodn't agrees on Matt Vogel's Kermit. Allz me theories conformed !!1!1!1 All my frendz thoughts i was cray-z. They call me A conspircy theorist. But I no im naht cray-z Your crayzy, mom!
*You're

Also, I'm am exxsited too here the voice of the new Tee Lizard. Tho its to bad Steev Whitmere got kicked owt of the mupet recordin stoodios

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
*You're

Also, I'm am exxsited too here the voice of the new Tee Lizard. Tho its to bad Steev Whitmere got kicked owt of the mupet recordin stoodios
ya its to bad kermet the gekkos vocie actor got fierd, lolol. but i onlee no him cos of da dats non of my bisness meem, LOLOLLOLOLOLLOLL.
Also iv'e hav some randum kweshtons abot teh mupetts.
wat r the nams of teh 2 old gyus in the balcone's names?
r mrs. piggie n kermett mareed or did dey broked up???????? LOLOLOL
iz fonzie bear reelated too babee baer frm sesmee streert??,???
is amnimal ellmo on durgs??????ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!2!2!2!!1!!
Plese awnser me bcak, LOLOLOOLOL HTANK U!!!!!!!!!!233343!!!42!2!!!42ONE :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::sing::sing::sing:
:flirt::flirt::flirt::flirt::flirt::flirt::flirt::flirt::flirt::cool::cool::cool::halo::halo::halo::halo::halo::halo::halo::fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy::zany::zany::zany::zany::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::insatiable::insatiable::insatiable::insatiable::insatiable::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

(If you're unaware, this post is completely a joke. And also, the smiley spam was a parody of the kids on YouTube who spam emojis in the comments.)