Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Kermit flying off the handle because someone else (Fozzie, Grover, whoever) is frustrating him is one thing; Kermit screaming about wishing he had never been born in a fit of sorrow and self-loathing (yeah, yeah, I know it's supposed to be a take on IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE) is kinda left field.
Well, that's just it. That's more or less Kermit doing Jimmy Stewart's George Bailey character, rather than Kermit being completely himself wishing he'd never been born. We really can't blame Steve for that one.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
I personally think all the post Jim films got worse with each consecutive release. Treasure Island wasn't as good as Christmas Carol, and MFS was easily worse than either of them. For those who don't simply give Muppet films passing grades for including a lot of older characters, VMX was far below any of the previous theatrical films. Meanwhile KSY and Oz were definitely bottom of the barrel. The BIG upswing was the 2011 film, easily the best full-length Muppet product since Christmas Carol. Muppets Most Wanted, while also better than anything since Christmas Carol, wasn't quite as good. Personally, I think if Disney WAS to make another theatrical film, it would continue the downward slide.
Man, I disagree with almost all of that. I think Very Merry Muppet Christmas and Muppets From Space were both far better than Christmas Carol or Treasure Island. And it's neck-and-neck but I think Muppets Most Wanted might edge out the 2011 film.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
I'd say Great Muppet Caper is the best. If I were to rank them

The Great Muppet Caper
The Muppet Movie
Muppets Most Wanted
The Muppets (2011)
Muppets From Space
The Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppet Treasure Island
Muppet Christmas Carol (Good movie, not a good muppet movie though).

Ya, that's what I said above. MTM is a lot less fun compared to MFS, but I don't think it was a better movie. MTM is just dull with the muppets separated for a good bit of the movie and all that.
From best to worst I'd go:

1. Muppets Take Manhattan <-- SO, SO Good!
2. The Muppet Movie
3. Muppets Most Wanted
4. Muppets 2011
5. Great Muppet Caper
6. Muppets From Space
7. Muppet Christmas Carol
8. Muppet Treasure Island <--- Ugh

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dum-dee-dum-dee-dum, just creeping up on this thread again to see how ridiculous this thread has gotten. :big_grin:

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, still have an issue with the Count's voice. He sounds too much like a smoker. Peter Linz's Ernie seems to be getting better though; one video sounded like it went from Jim to Steve, Jim to Steve, Jim to Steve.

Also, who's voicing Guy Smiley? Too lazy to check Muppet wiki right now.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ah, right, Eric! He's done Guy Smiley since 2006, si?

And agreed on Ernie's laugh. Jim does it best. But I think we can all agree Jim was the best Ernie and Kermit, with Steve coming in second.