Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Muppy

Reaction score
Dwayne replied to another thread, but I thought it would be better if I shared it here:

To which I respond...

Well, Eric is already two of the most important characters and the ones that interact with Kermit the most (Fozzie and Miss Piggy), so that's out of the question. But, Peter would actually make sense. I mean, he has that sort of funny, creative, mild mannered disposition like Jim had. Plus, he's already taking over Ernie (and doing a pretty good job), and unlike Matt, he only has one main character, one that's not required to make as many appearances as Kermit or Miss Piggy. And Matt's doing a great job with Jerry's characters, it would be a shame if Kermit took time away from them.

What do you guys think?
I'm really not the biggest fan of Peter or any of his characters, so I'd prefer someone else did Kermit. I think Matt will do just fine.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Dwayne replied to another thread, but I thought it would be better if I shared it here:

To which I respond...

Well, Eric is already two of the most important characters and the ones that interact with Kermit the most (Fozzie and Miss Piggy), so that's out of the question. But, Peter would actually make sense. I mean, he has that sort of funny, creative, mild mannered disposition like Jim had. Plus, he's already taking over Ernie (and doing a pretty good job), and unlike Matt, he only has one main character, one that's not required to make as many appearances as Kermit or Miss Piggy. And Matt's doing a great job with Jerry's characters, it would be a shame if Kermit took time away from them.

What do you guys think?
I really like the idea. Matt is a great performer, but I just can't imagine him doing Kermit for some reason. But Peter, his voice is perfect for it, and he's already doing Ernie, so why not?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I am firmly in the camp of "Just because one performer does X character by X performer, doesn't mean they should take over all of theirs."
Yeah. I see your point, but there are characters that sound so similar it does make sense to have them have the same performer: (Ex: :frown::embarrassed:, :big_grin::sympathy:, :laugh:Baby Sinclair.)

I really like the idea. Matt is a great performer, but I just can't imagine him doing Kermit for some reason.
Yeah, it's like Steve said himself, Matt has his hands full with his characters having recently took over Jerry's, so Matt doing Kermit would probably result in a lot of recasts. Makes me wish they had decided to give Kermit back to Artie since this time we know about the recast. At least he doesn't perform anybody else that we know of and his :smile: voice did seem to improve over time. But I guess Artie is busy with Wally the Lending Tree puppet.

Censored

Reaction score
Maybe they're not going to do the thought of the week anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still could imagine David doing Kermit, but like with Matt doing Jerry's characters, David kind of has his hands full doing Richard's characters.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Woah, wait, what? Peter Linz is performing Ernie now? Why am I just learning of this? Do we have a clip?

I have so many questions, lol.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
How could he when he's so busy with Peter the Frog?