Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero impressions

mr3urious

Reaction score
That 2nd season was announced a long time ago. I wouldn't mind if it were the final, as I don't know how many new alternate universes the writers can come up with beyond that.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Season 2 just premiered yesterday, and it was a half-hour deal. Seems like we could be seeing Maria the pirate as a recurring character in other dimensions across the Multiverse, going by the way it ended. Also love how Boone, in his disco monkey-induced trance, was still able to come up with a correct solution to one of the riddles.

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
Well, all episodes of the second season have been played and a lot of details were covered. One episode even showed Rippen's origin story and how Penn's parents got stuck in the Most Dangerous World Imaginable.

And yes, the finale (45 minutes long) is as epic, entertaining, and satisfying as you'd expect it to be. A lot of characters from other dimensions appear and they got a decent amount of screen time.

And wouldn't you know?
...but we see Rippen, Larry, their soul mates (Lady Starblaster from the space dimension and the president from the giant monster dimension, respectively), and a few minor characters become permanent residents of the Most Dangerous World Imaginable after closing the portal to it. And they couldn't be happier living there.

Penn and Sashi get in a romantic relationship. And now that Phyllis and Phil are done with their work in keeping the multiverse in balance, they fuse into a mysterious entity that leaves and prepares for "Phase 2."

Now that's what I call a series finale!

Now, if we can just keep supporting a certain show created by Craig McCracken, we should be able to find out how a certain electric skeleton villain came to be and how a certain hairy, orange, planet-trekking do-gooder would be tested.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm very satisfied by the amount of closure the show received. I'm also happy Adam West returned in one of his final roles, giving him a nice send-off in a way.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, while the anime dimension had the obvious references to Pokemon and Sailor Moon with a little Naruto sprinkled in, I'm shocked that they had Rippen's gruesome transformation sequence reference Akira, of all things. Also, there's an homage to the Catbus from My Neighbor Totoro, which coincidentally enough had an English dub produced by Disney. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
What were your favorite images the characters became when they entered those worlds? My favorites are....

When the heroes became giant monsters who were the good guys.

Penn becoming a mouse and Rippen becoming a cat and they did a silent Tom and Jerry like skit.

Rippen and Larry becoming a pair of scissors.

I thought Sashi looked cute as a soccer ball.

The one where Boone and Larry became Steampunk scientists and had to build robots of Penn and Rippen. And Sashi becoming a turn crank machine.

The sitcom episode with Penn being the bald headed Dad and Rippen becoming his bratty little son.

And that Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde episode when Penn and Rippen had to share a body, Penn playing Jekyll and Rippen playing Hyde.