Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Oscarfan

Reaction score
See, but there's a difference between "understudy" and "guy who does Kermit for theme parks and cruise ships." The true magic of the character is diminished if you have 20 some odd people performing him around the country.

And I really doubt that's how the Looney Tune voices are arranged. Joe Alaskey had to audition multiple times to be in Space Jam despite being an established voice artist for them. And then Billy West, who did Bugs in Space Jam, was replaced by Joe during the production of Back in Action.

ferrell

Reaction score
See, but there's a difference between "understudy" and "guy who does Kermit for theme parks and cruise ships." The true magic of the character is diminished if you have 20 some odd people performing him around the country.

And I really doubt that's how the Looney Tune voices are arranged. Joe Alaskey had to audition multiple times to be in Space Jam despite being an established voice artist for them. And then Billy West, who did Bugs in Space Jam, was replaced by Joe during the production of Back in Action.
You may be right, it was just a thought

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let's not forget though, some characters did bounce around from different performers before finding permanent recasting, namely most (if not all) of Jerry and Richard's characters before going to Matt and David, respectively. Even Frank's characters bounced around different performers when Frank himself was still looping their voices in ADR. Even today, Big Bird has become a hot mess between Matt and Noel trading off physically performing him, while Caroll and Matt still continue to provide the voice.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
The only thing I don't understand is what do they mean by bitter and depressed victim?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, let's see. . . .

- In VMX, he throws a tantrum for losing the Muppet Theater and everything else, and wishes that he was never born (again, this is supposed to reference IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE)
- In THE MUPPETS (2011), he feels sorry for himself over how he and the rest of the Muppets drifted apart over the years
- In MMW, he's depressed because the others don't seem to realize Constantine isn't him, and appear to be happy with the way things have gone for them
- And whatever went on THE MUPPETS (2015) with him and Piggy and Denise and all that other crap, whatever. . . .

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
In MMW, he's depressed because the others don't seem to realize Constantine isn't him, and appear to be happy with the way things have gone for them
As much as I loved MMW, that was one of my major gripes with it. I mean, the 2011 movie was all about getting the band back together, they spent the whole time wondering if they could still put on a great show and getting reacquainted with each other. But, in the sequel, they're split up again. Kermit's in jail for most of the movie and only two people notice. Kermit barely gets any actual interaction with his friends.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, let's see. . . .

- And whatever went on THE MUPPETS (2015) with him and Piggy and Denise and all that other crap, whatever. . . .
Denise barely even showed up. She only had a prominent role in like 3 episodes and then Kermit broke up with her.

Whoops, sorry about the spoiler. Oh who am I kidding, you're never going to watch it anyways.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Denise barely even showed up. She only had a prominent role in like 3 episodes and then Kermit broke up with her.

Whoops, sorry about the spoiler. Oh who am I kidding, you're never going to watch it anyways.
Denise was actually a pretty cool character. She kind of reminds me of how Skeeter was portrayed in those Muppet Show comics from a few years back. I'd like to see them bring her back, but the problem is she'll probably be confused with Miss Piggy, like all the female pig characters. Annie Sue is Miss Piggy, Spamela Hamderson is Miss Piggy, Lydia the Tattoed Lady is Miss Piggy, etc, etc.