The Rick and Morty thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems the comic book spinoff is filling up some missing pieces of the TV show, and I kinda hope they sync up. According to Oni Press's December Solicitations, Jerry is going to meet back up with Doofus Rick, only to find another character from his dimension:

Doofus Jerry. And the solicitation kinda makes it sound like he's pretty nasty.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, who saw the season 3 April Fools premiere? Let's just say it's really hard to wrap your head around whatever the heck went on, though it probably sparked a lot of interest in McDonald's Szechuan sauce. :big_grin: We also get to see a younger Rick before he became the cynical a-hole we all know and love today, though it may not be entirely true.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
The utter chaos in that ep was glorious. It really threw me, when I first started watching the show, how dismissive Rick is toward every life in the universe, even his own, but this ep elevated that to a high existential art form. Bravo!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Finally we get the 2nd episode of this season. It really should be called Rick & Morty & Summer by this point considering how much the latter is hanging out with the title characters. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you. :smile:

But the bigger question is, will Summer's marriage with Hemorrhage work out? Surely it's bound to end up better than Jerry & Beth's.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Rick turning himself into a pickle is weird and random enough (apparently he wanted to challenge himself scientifically), but what they did with it was what made it glorious, as the show does best. Though it was gross and creepy in how it all started with licking the brain of a cockroach he killed to get him moving again. :eek:

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's a Rick & Jerry episode this time. And while I enjoyed seeing the two verbally duke it out around an intergalactic truck stop surrounded by an "immortality field" (yet another brilliant sci-fi concept that I never would have thought of), it's the B-plot with Summer using one of Rick's machines to enlarge her breasts only for it to go horribly wrong that I found more entertaining.

And as for last week's episode... Am I the only one who thought that felt like a backdoor pilot to a Vindicators spin-off? Not that I wouldn't want to see that, mind you. :smile: