Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

electricmayhem

Reaction score
All those images are excellent! It looks so great! I'm so excited to get one:excited: Great Job to Derek and everyone involved!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
About not being able to change certain things due to the contract, why not simply go with Muppetopoly so you could do whatever you wanted?
Let me reach into my hat and pull out a good crack for this one.

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Concerning Bean Bunny:
:embarrassed: Unfortunately, Movies205, Bean Bunny doesn't show up in the final game. There's SO MANY Muppets both old and new and we tried very hard to incorporate as many of them as we possibly could into the game, and I knew that there would probably end up being a few that we'd forget or wouldn't make the cut. Unfortunately, Bean Bunny was one character that, to my knowledge, never came up in our meetings. Sorry. :frown:

Concerning "Muppetopoly" vs. "MONOPOLY: Muppet Collector's Edition":
I'm not totally knowlegable about our legal dealings with Hasbro, but I think our contract with them actually would forbid us from trying to make an "opoly" clone. Also, I doubt we'd want to just make a simple "opoly." Sure, we'd get to design more, but on the flip side we'd have to design more. :stick_out_tongue: We'd have to go out of our way to try to make the game as similar as possible to Monopoly without infringing on anything Habsro specifially owns. Why go to all that trouble when we already have the rights to making an OFFICIAL MONOPOLY game, which has the brand name recognition of MONOPOLY, "America's favorite board game"? Besides, don't you think the Muppets DESERVE an official Monopoly game and not just some cheezy knock-off? :wink:

Concerning Rowlf on the box top:
Actually, I believe it was Henson that specifially asked for Rowlf to be that size on the box top. Throughout the submittal process, Henson was VERY specific about things like the scale of characters in group shots we assembled (as well they should be).
By the way, kudos to frogboy4 for assembling such a cool collage of the various game element images I submitted to Muppet Central!

Concerning "Monopoly Guy":
Actually, I believe my "official" title at USAopoly is "Graphic Designer." It just to happened that, since I'm such a big fan of the Muppets, I was able to make suggestions on the game while it was being developed and many of those ideas stuck!
For the article here on Muppet Central, I inserted the nickname "Monopoly Guy" simply because I wanted people to understand that it was written by one of the two people from USAopoly who have been posting on the boards here about the game, and previously I hadn't given my real name.

Derek

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cool! So you're the guy who put the whole [visual] thing together! Great stuff. Inserting Pepe on the board was a great idea. Did that come from Henson?

We all know the weird decisions Henson's art department has made over the past year concerning the action figures: bulimic Miss Piggy, neon green Bunsen and they almost had Palisades release a yellow Lew Zealand! It's no surprise they wanted Rowlf low in the frame. :sympathy: It still looks fantastic. This game nicely markets to the mainstream without leaving out the fans. In fact, we get lots of goodies! Thanks to all who worked on it! :smile:

Movies205

Reaction score
Originally posted by Monopoly Guy
Concerning Bean Bunny:
:embarrassed: Unfortunately, Movies205, Bean Bunny doesn't show up in the final game. There's SO MANY Muppets both old and new and we tried very hard to incorporate as many of them as we possibly could into the game, and I knew that there would probably end up being a few that we'd forget or wouldn't make the cut. Unfortunately, Bean Bunny was one character that, to my knowledge, never came up in our meetings. Sorry. :frown:

I'm not totally knowlegable about our legal dealings with Hasbro, but I think our contract with them actually would forbid us from trying to make an "opoly" clone. Also, I doubt we'd want to just make a simple "opoly." Sure, we'd get to design more, but on the flip side we'd have to design more. :stick_out_tongue: We'd have to go out of our way to try to make the game as similar as possible to Monopoly without infringing on anything Habsro specifially owns. Why go to all that trouble when we already have the rights to making an OFFICIAL MONOPOLY game, which has the brand name recognition of MONOPOLY, "America's favorite board game"? Besides, don't you think the Muppets DESERVE an official Monopoly game and not just some cheezy knock-off? :wink:

Concerning Rowlf on the box top:
Actually, I believe it was Henson that specifially asked for Rowlf to be that size on the box top. Throughout the submittal process, Henson was VERY specific about things like the scale of characters in group shots we assembled (as well they should be).
By the way, kudos to frogboy4 for assembling such a cool collage of the various game element images I submitted to Muppet Central!

Concerning "Monopoly Guy":
Actually, I believe my "official" title at USAopoly is "Graphic Designer." It just to happened that, since I'm such a big fan of the Muppets, I was able to make suggestions on the game while it was being developed and many of those ideas stuck!
For the article here on Muppet Central, I inserted the nickname "Monopoly Guy" simply because I wanted people to understand that it was written by one of the two people from USAopoly who have been posting on the boards here about the game, and previously I hadn't given my real name.

Derek
Poor Bean Bunny but that cool, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Grandmaster C

Reaction score
Wow...

I gotta say that game looks great. I've always been a Monopoly fan, and having the Muppets featured in a Monopoly game is really cool. :big_grin:

Kudos to Monopoly Guy, and everyone else who worked on the game cause it looks great. :cool:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Monopoly Guy
Besides, don't you think the Muppets DESERVE an official Monopoly game and not just some cheezy knock-off? :wink:
Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking! :big_grin:

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Actually, frogboy4, I'm ONE of the graphic designers who worked on the game. I mainly worked on the deed cards, Chicken/Penguin cards, money and platform, while Okay?Okay! worked on the game board and box top. As for your question about "inserting Pepe on the board"... I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Thanks to everyone here for their compliments on the game. I can't wait to hear your feedback once you've all got the game in your hands. It's awesome to hear you guys getting just as excited about the game as we at USAopoly are! :big_grin:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I think that what Jamie (Frogboy) means is that in the picture on the board (The one were Fozzie was excluded from) originally did not have Pepe but now he's on there. Although Pepe was added to the picture for the GBA game "on with the show" so Henson might be the ones reasponsible for this but if Henson could add Pepe I see no reason why they (Henson) didn't add Fozzie, i think there'd be perfect room for him beside Sam.

this picture i think was taken to promote Muppet Fest, which Fozzie did not appear at, neither did Piggy (actually she did but as a video thing) and neither did Animal so i might be wrong but that might be why Fozzie was not in the picture (was Sam originally in the picture also?).