Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

Gonzo

Reaction score
Melissa will play Monopoly with me, but I'll never win. Unless she lets me.

:crazy:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

King Prawn

Reaction score
If i have a big board with Muppet pictures on it then that's enough of a win for me.

I've never really been into games like Monopoly, Chess, Cards but i'm going to have to start learning how to play seeing as how they are being released Muppet Style.

So there's three types of games for me to start learning how to play, although i don't mind it... i would like to learn how to play Cluedo which i'd have to if they ever released a Muppet version.

Reaction score
FYI

I went to check out Barnes & Nobles to see if they happen to have the game in there stores yet. So I thought I would put an FYI out to everyone that they won't have it until November:mad: :frown: . At least that is what there computer said. So I thought I would at least share.

ukgonzo

Reaction score
Muppet Monopoly UK

I am desperate to get this game but fear living in the UK i won't beable to. Does anyone know if any retailers in the UK will be carrying this.
If anyone In the US can get there hands on one for me I am willing to pay for it + all the shipping up front via Paypal if anyone could be kind enough to help out

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! Hello Monopoly Guy, I've got a ton of questions for you. The majority of my questions lie in asking about the appearance of the game and the pieces and the properties and the cards and the money. The reason I ask you about this is because I'm partially blind to the degree that though I still have some residual vision left, it's not enough to make out fine details like those on TV or computer screens or board games. So please answer to the best of your knowledge the following:
1 Please name the properties included on the board game.
2 Please tell me how the properties are grouped by the color bars above the properties, that is if those color bars were retained as part of the game.
3 What Muppet-related images appear on the four railroads and the two utilities.
4 What images appear on the deed cards to the properties.
5 Which Muppets were included throughout the entire game, either grouped by board/box cover photos, properties, or deed or gameplay cards.
6 Which Muppets appear on the various monetary denominations included in the game and which Muppet appears on what money bill.
Thanks for your help and have a great day.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count, many of these questions will be answered in a review that we will have up in the next couple days.

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
The Count,

Here's a breakdown of all the board properties:

Purple (2):
S.S. Swine Trek,
Veterinarian's Hospital

Light Blue (3):
Beauregard’s supply closet,
Newsman's desk,
Lew Zealand's boomerang stand

Magenta (3):
Johnny Fiama & Sal's lounge,
Robin's lilypad,
Scooter's backstage

Orange (3):
Crazy Harry's hideout,
Electric Mayhem's stage,
Rizzo the Rat's sewer

Red (3):
Sam the Eagle's podium,
Swedish Chef's kitchen,
Pepe's salsa & samba club

Yellow (3):
Bunsen & Beaker’s Muppets Lab,
Statler & Waldorf's balcony,
Rowlf's recording studio

Green (3):
Gonzo's Daredevil stunt show,
Fozzie Bear's comedy club,
Animal's drum stage

Park Place (1):
Miss Piggy's dressing room

Boardwalk (1):
Kermit the Frog's swamp

Railroads:
vehicles (motorcycle, automobile, bicycle, hot air balloon)

Electric Co: Red Carpet
Waterworks: Romantic Rendezvous

Here's a breakdown of the characters on the money:

$500 - Kermit
$100 - Miss Piggy
$50 - Animal
$20 - Fozzie
$10 - Gonzo
$5 - Swedish Chef
$1 - Sam the Eagle

The deed cards feature one image each of the individual Muppet who's property it is. In keeping with the one-Muppet-per-card look, the Vet's Hospital deed card features Janice and the Swine Trek features Link. The Vehicle properties (traditionally Railroads) are images of Muppets partaking in those modes of transportation (Fozzie driving an automobile from the Muppet Movie, Kermit on a bicycle, Piggy on a motorcycle, and several Muppets in the basket of a hot air balloon). The Electric Co. (Red Carpet) and Waterworks (Romantic Rendezvous) both feature Kermit and Miss Piggy, the latter shows them together in a boat from the Muppet Movie.

The Penguin and Chicken cards in the game (traditionally Chance anc Community Chest) feature almost all of the characters on the game board (listed above) PLUS Marvin Suggs, his Muppephones, and Sweetums. The backs of the Chicken and Penguin cards feature Camilla and a Penguin from the Muppet Christmas Carol movie, respectively. On the box top are featured Rowlf, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, and Miss Piggy. On the game platform (the piece of cardboard that sits next to the banker's tray inside the box) are Kermit, Statler, Waldorf, Pepe, Animal, Miss Piggy, Camilla, Gonzo, Swedish Chef, Fozzie, and Beaker. In the center of the game board are Gonzo, Rizzo, Animal, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Pepe, Sam the Eagle, Swedish Chef, Statler, Waldorf, Bunsen, and Beaker. (Forgive me if I've forgotten anyone, I'm doing this from memory. :wink: )

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Monopoly Guy
(Forgive me if I've forgotten anyone, I'm doing this from memory. :wink: )
That's a darn good memory you've got there!:big_grin: :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you profusely, Monopoly Guy! That's a great setup you've got on that game board of yours. This will definitely be a great seller, at least amongst us who know of its release. Hope your information gets included in the article Phillip speaks of and if there's anything I can do to help just let me know. Again, thanks for providing all that great info above and have a great day.