And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I do agree with this, to an extent - it's never okay to hate a whole group of people just because of skin color.

Do what I do: hate individual people one by one. :wink:
I will honestly say I am guilty of once hating the Japanese but only for a stupid reason - because many Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes had Japanese rights holders that didn't take kind to the show mocking their movies (Kadokawa and Toho respectively), but since then most episodes sans Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster got DVD releases from Shout Factory and I also hated Mexicans because I felt they were guilty of bringing the swine flu to America, but I have since grown up from the attitude my 17-year-old self had at the time.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I will honestly say I am guilty of once hating the Japanese but only for a stupid reason - because many Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes had Japanese rights holders that didn't take kind to the show mocking their movies (Kadokawa and Toho respectively), but since then most episodes sans Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster got DVD releases from Shout Factory and I also hated Mexicans because I felt they were guilty of bringing the swine flu to America, but I have since grown up from the attitude my 17-year-old self had at the time.
No no! Hating them for something like this is OK!!

Censored

Reaction score
I’ve never understood prejudice of at any point in my life. I know it’s fashionable to say, “Oh, we all have it in us to a certain extent.” But, I’ve always thought that was just a way to get racists off the hook. I’m not going to lie and say that I have my own prejudices just so some bigot can sleep better tonight.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I’ve never understood prejudice of at any point in my life. I know it’s fashionable to say, “Oh, we all have it in us to a certain extent.” But, I’ve always thought that was just a way to get racists off the hook. I’m not going to lie and say that I have my own prejudices just so some bigot can sleep better tonight.
We all have the potential. Empathy has to be nurtured throughout a human's life, or it will wither.

The working class been so used and abused, for so long in this country, by corporate greed and hard hearted politicians. When humans aren't treated with empathy, they won't develop it for others. Their own hearts grow hard and they look to make someone else hurt like they do. That's how you get Nazis and Klansmen.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Don't hold the Southern racist thing against me, folks. My daddy is from Alabama, so I have some roots in the South.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't hold the Southern racist thing against me, folks. My daddy is from Alabama, so I have some roots in the South.
True, the KKK is still pretty prelevant down here, and it's not uncommon to see a swastika etched into the wall in a bathroom stall somewhere . . . and yes, we've had BLM rallies down here with white people lashing out in retaliation because of it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wouldn't do that. There are obviously many great people in the South, many great things about it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and here's something interesting: Most of the people who have posted in this thread (other than me and Jamie, correct me if I've missed you) are Christians, and yet the viewpoints shared here are often completely different, most notably between @D'Snowth and @MuppetsRule . I honestly think it's interesting how sometimes people with the same beliefs can have differing opinions, y'know?

IDK I'm still not making sense.
And I think I'm the only non-Christian here lol.

But it is very interesting how differently people think despite having similar religious values.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh boy...so I'm supposed to see Michael Moore's Broadway show tomorrow. But he was on TV just now and said something horribly ugly. He wanted to say Trump supporters were enabling Trump. So he compared them to someone who holds a woman down for a rapist.

I will never be seeing his movies again.

Democrats, you'd better give me an amazing reason to vote for you again next time. Or I am staying home. Period.