And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh boy...so I'm supposed to see Michael Moore's Broadway show tomorrow. But he was on TV just now and said something horribly ugly. He wanted to say Trump supporters were enabling Trump. So he compared them to someone who holds a woman down for a rapist.
While I'll agree the rape comment was unnecessary, admit it, Trump's supporters are enabling him. As are his staff, his family, his party, and anyone affiliated with him. This is what I said several pages back: this is why he continues to get away with his poor behavior: the people around him encourage him, then they reward him for it with pats on the back, applauses, and thanking him for what he's done.

And I see as he continues to address the Charlottesville attack, he still feels the need to pivot to bringing jobs back to America, and how companies are pouring back into America - all of which is more of his grade-A B.S.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yikes. This is why I try not to really pick a side on the political scale. That's just an awful thing to say.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm done. Staying. Home.
Not sure if it was intentional, but I kind of feel as though you quoted my reply out of context.

To reitirate: I'm not agreeing with the rape comment, I'm agreeing that Trump's supporters enable him, plain and simple.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm sorry, Snowth. It's just that I'm crying and literally shaking right now. I don't support Trump, but I've reached my limit. Even the liberal CNN news anchor was horrified at Moore's comment. I don't feel like giving Moore any benefit of the doubt right now. I have friends and family who voted for Trump. They are more important to me than Moore ever will be.

Last edited:

snichols1973

Reaction score
That's so far from my religious upbringing. There is no willfully living in sin. We are all sinners by nature. And if we accept Jesus as our Savior that's all that matters, no matter what sin you've committed, whether it's shoplifting or murder. There are no degrees of sin. And there is no escaping sin.

“For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

And finally

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all."

This last verse is basically saying that no one sin is greater than another. Every sin is equally bad in God's eyes. So, anybody who even thinks that homosexuality is a sin needs to remember that in God's eyes, it isn't better or worse than say, lying or gossiping. So the next time someone wants to bash someone for being homosexual, they should remember that they aren't any better than that person.
In addition to the aforementioned Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8, and James 2:10, let's not forget Matthew 7, 1-5:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. for with what judgment you judge, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Hypocrite, first remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

A person might be so obsessed with trying to find small faults in others [the speck of sawdust] and yet be blind or oblivious to their own faults which may be just as egregious or worse [the plank, big splinter], and as soon as we open our eyes and learn to see clearly, the chances are that the speck of sawdust we thought was there might not exist and we could be making a mistake...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then again, as Carlin would also say, I'm just a fat yuppie white guy from a middle class family, so I really can't comment on the issue. :stick_out_tongue:
This is what I said before: by illogic, I shouldn't comment on the issue either because I'm white and heterosexual and all that crap.

But, at the same time, I'm also part Native American: my great-great grandfather was a full-blooded Cherokee, so by that token, part of me feels like I have a right to tell these white people who claim that this is "their country" and that they're "taking it back," that, in fact, this is not their country, because they stole it from the Natives, and therefore, they don't belong here and they need to get out of my country. :stick_out_tongue: But again, that's just as illogical as them saying blacks, Jews, and Muslims don't belong here and need to get out of their country. Besides, despite my blood relation to the Cherokee nation, most of my ancestoral roots trace back to Scotland and Ireland, so I'm also here as the result of immigrants, just like, well, a majority of Americans are.

snichols1973

Reaction score
You can tell that America may be in danger of lapsing into decadence when ex-Kuckoo Klan leader David Puke praises Trump for his "honesty" in saying that protesters are just as bad as the actual Neo-Nutcase perpetrators of the violence when he might as well be applauded by the Alt-Whites for running over people's toes with a pair of tank treads (I'm not suggesting that it should ever come to that and don't endorse or condone that or any other disproportionate actions)...

Many of these rumors that Trump may or may not have recorded conversations in his office are only making Richard Nixon and Watergate (who never had the Internet or Twitter) look even less worse by comparison...

I believe one of our presidents if he were alive today would have some choice words to say in regards to Mr. Trump's buck-passing lies...

And he would probably still be as ornery and kicking as a Missouri mule and ready to give Trump "heck"...

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's so far from my religious upbringing. There is no willfully living in sin. We are all sinners by nature. And if we accept Jesus as our Savior that's all that matters, no matter what sin you've committed, whether it's shoplifting or murder. There are no degrees of sin. And there is no escaping sin.

“For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

And finally

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all."

This last verse is basically saying that no one sin is greater than another. Every sin is equally bad in God's eyes. So, anybody who even thinks that homosexuality is a sin needs to remember that in God's eyes, it isn't better or worse than say, lying or gossiping. So the next time someone wants to bash someone for being homosexual, they should remember that they aren't any better than that person.
And here is another rare occurence where you and I can agree on something. You're absolutely right, this is what the Bible tells us, and this is what I too was brought up with knowing - not only is there no one sin greater than another in God's eyes, there's no sin that we can't ask His forgiveness for.

I can kind of see where this pastor was coming from about "willfully sinning" (not regarding homosexuality, mind you) in that as Christians, we shouldn't make an effort to sin, or to intentionally commit sinful acts. But like you say, sin is part of human nature, as we as human beings are not immune to it, nor can we avoid it all costs, because we are not perfect like the Creator is: we make mistakes, we fall short, but again, we can be forgiven, and He still loves us.

But a lot of what this particular pastor was saying was just leaving a really bad taste in my mouth - not just about homosexuality (of which he also still believes that it's a mental disorder because he saw it printed in a medical journal) or liberals, but just a whole mixture of things, which is what influenced my decision to resign from his church. One thing that a visiting pastor said one day, and I believe I posted about this in another thread, was that those who accept Jesus and become Christians are pre-destined to do so by God. That really rubs me the wrong way, because it comes across as suggesting that God is conditional and picks and chooses who He wants to bring into Heaven, which I don't believe at all: God gives us the free will to make our own decisions for ourselves, and that includes whether or not we choose to accept His one and only begotton Son - I can't imagine God would actually just sit around and be like, "Okay, you're in. You're in. You're in. Nope, not you. Sorry, not you either. Nothing personal, but you're not in either."