The most unbelievably awesome news ever... Ducktales

mr3urious

Reaction score

mr3urious

Reaction score
What a great way to kick off the new show. We get to see our characters and setting established as per usual in a premiere, as well as some new mysteries to be set up
including the whereabouts of Huey, Dewey, and Louie's mom.
I really liked how Webby is a more proactive type who idolizes Scrooge & Donald and is fascinated about the Duck family tree, rather than the cutesy little sister willing to prove herself who was admittedly just there about half the time. And props to being allowed to say "kill" and "die" as the original did, likely because it's got some Gravity Falls staff on board who were also given that luxury in that show. Could we also see actual firearms in the future, too? :smile:

Also enjoyed how St. Canard, Cape Suzette, and Spoonerville got name-dropped near the beginning, hinting at possible reboots of Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, and Goof Troop. Though we may very well get the former, however, as DW is set to appear in an upcoming episode. Wonder if Jim Cummings will still voice him? If they're going for someone younger, he's going to have huge web-footed shoes to fill, as it's going to be hard to imagine someone else voicing him.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/21/darkwing-duck-ducktales-revival

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Can't believe more people haven't posted yet. The premiere was fantastic and hopefully the show will only get better as time goes on. I like how Huey, Dewey, and Louie all actually have very distinct voices and personalities. Not only that but, Webby not only has a personality now, but she's actually an important part of plots.
I enjoyed the character of Flintheart Gloomgold, but I have to say, the voice actor's accent is very obviously fake now that Scrooge is played by an actual Scottish person. Also, on the subject of voices, did anyone else have a hard time understanding a word Donald was saying?

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Haha i just saw this intro for the first time. Its great, more modern. Love the plane crashing in on the end.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hey, I just realized- A lot of the Disney Afternoon shows have major characters who are pilots. Launchpad on DuckTales and Darkwing Duck, Baloo on Tale Spin, and Chip on Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I love how Launchpad says 'I'm a Pilot!!!!' Several times throughout the show. Then he talks in a language I don't understand (which sounds like:hungry:) and then he says something along the lines of 'Yes sir!!! (Whatever your name is)' (that and the language he speaks when they go to Atlantis just cracks me up!!!!!!)

mr3urious

Reaction score
The 2nd episode focused on Webby and her poor understanding of the outside world, as well as a proper introduction to the Beagle Boys and their mother. We even get some more classic Donald Duck moments, like him taking on said Boys.

The 3rd was about Dewey learning more about his mother, Della Duck,
who may have betrayed Scrooge in some way during her prime
. We're also introduced to Gyro Gearloose, who is more of a snarky inventor who is always frustrated over having his robot creations turn on him. And in the end,
he prepares work on "Operation Blatherskite"

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm enjoying Lena, one of the new characters created for this reboot. She makes a great friend to Webby, and her being slightly older adds a nice dynamic to the team. And the fact that Lena's the niece of Magica De Spell (whose shadow resides within her somehow waiting to be resurrected) should come to a nice head in the future.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like how Mark Beaks is not a bad guy, but a guy who is just really smug about the wealth he acquired over his tech empire, a parody of both Apple and Google, and one who is always jumping on to youth fads like dubstep and selfies. Gotta love how Scrooge and Flintheart can have a common bond in their hatred of him, and how ol' Flinty can spend craploads of money just to do away with him, to which Scrooge calls him out on.