The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Being a fan of both classic and modern Sonic, I'm just as excited for Project Sonic. Isn't as visually appealing though, modern Sonic games post-Adventure always look a bit bleak.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Here's the latest gameplay footage of Sonic Mania, and man does it look gorgeous, especially the super-fluid sprite animation! I especially love all the Sega references in Studiopolis Zone, including one to that popcorn machine that was only released in Japan. You know these developers are huge fanboys of Sonic when they're able to reference obscure stuff like that! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They really stretched their creativity with Studiopolis. Sonic being beamed through satellites? There are nice little touches here and there, like the 30's style dancing Robotnik/Eggman on a movie screen. I love those director's chair platforms. Anyone else get a Mega Man vibe from the hanging microphone robots?

DePingPong

Reaction score
A thread dedicated to my favorite character of all time, awesome.
Sonic Mania looks gorgeous. The sprite animation blows me away, everything looks really smooth and clean. Can't wait to see Tails and Knuckles gameplay.
Hoping that they get their super forms, or at least give us Super Sonic.

Project Sonic, I dunno what to think mainly cause they showed no gameplay, the dark atmosphere of the trailer has me interested though. I'm excited for it cause I think Generations is the best modern Sonic game, next to Colors. It's nice to see Classic Sonic return, but I'm just excited cause it's a next-gen Sonic game.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I mean, I'm in the minority that loves the 3D games more than the originals, but the hit-or-miss experimentation with the series (boosting, Werehogs, playing as three characters at once)
I think the boost-to-win games were the best for 3D Sonic. But if they used the Adventure gameplay with elements from the boost trilogy, specifically the boosting, it'd be perfect.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Big fan of Sonic here. I especially love the classic games. My favorites are Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.
Sonic Mania looks gorgeous. The sprite animation blows me away, everything looks really smooth and clean. Can't wait to see Tails and Knuckles gameplay.
Hoping that they get their super forms, or at least give us Super Sonic.
I'm super excited for Sonic Mania! The graphics are awesome, the music is awesome, everything about it is awesome.

And yes, it would be cool if the super forms were in this game. It'd be even cooler if the HYPER forms were in there, too!

Anyway, I have a feeling that this game will be absolutely amazing.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Big fan of Sonic here. I especially love the classic games. My favorites are Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.

I'm super excited for Sonic Mania! The graphics are awesome, the music is awesome, everything about it is awesome.

And yes, it would be cool if the super forms were in this game. It'd be even cooler if the HYPER forms were in there, too!

Anyway, I have a feeling that this game will be absolutely amazing.
You looking foward to Forces at all?

DePingPong

Reaction score
Mania is a fantastic game, wow. Easily 10/10 for me.
Trying to hunt down the emeralds for Super Sonic currently.