The Doctor Who Thread

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Just bare in mind that most of the people who are angry about this are men in their thirties. The majority of fans seem to be on board with Jodie.
And here I thought the complainer majority were the old guard "I liked this show when it was made of cardboard and shoestrings" fans.

So, while the show may be losing a few fans (although, I suspect most of the complainers will continue to watch) i'm sure it will gain a lot of new ones (hopefully more pleasant ones).
Complainers always watch. If they don't watch, they can't find things to complain about. And if they can't find things to complain about, they can't complain. And if they can't complain, they aren't complainers anymore. And if they aren't complainers anymore, they'll have to do something constructive with their time, and who in their right mind would want to be constructive?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Printer paper. It was always jealous of construction paper for being fun and colorful.
Now, now, Printer Paper. Jealousy does not become us. You were made the way you are for a reason. And that reason is for me to tear you in half in frustration when I try to print something only to find out I've got another defective black ink cartridge.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not technically related to Doctor Who directly, but Karen Gillan says she wants to play the Joker in the DC Extended Universe. So, that's a thing that's going on in the world.
Interesting. She certainly has the fun, silliness in her personality, and after seeing her play Nebula we can see she can play dark and threatening. So, maybe.

Anyway, it'd be a lot better than their current Joker.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Interesting. She certainly has the fun, silliness in her personality, and after seeing her play Nebula we can see she can play dark and threatening. So, maybe.

Anyway, it'd be a lot better than their current Joker.
It's too bad DC seems to be heckbent on not using actors that have appeared in the MCU, a Karen Joker would've been a heck of a reason to see Flashpoint.

I think it says a lot about DC's approach that their only critical success so far was the one character they previously deemed 'Too confusing for a movie'.

Back in the world of Doctor Who, we aren't even out of Steven's tenure yet, but I've already seen videos devoted to declaring Chris a hack. :sigh:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Back in the world of Doctor Who, we aren't even out of Steven's tenure yet, but I've already seen videos devoted to declaring Chris a hack. :sigh:
Oh yeah, I saw that. At first when I saw it in my recommended I was worried, like "What, did Chris say something offensive? Was the last season of Broadchurch worse than The Room?" But nope, turns out it was just another fanboy complaining about things that haven't happened yet. :stick_out_tongue:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I feel bad for Chris. One decision, and people are already acting like he's the Valeyard.

It's not like he went, "Okay, the Doctor's a girl now, so we're going to make the TARDIS pink, the Sonic Screwdriver's going to be pink, and we're shifting the show from sci-fi to romcom so we can completely focus on the love triangle between the Doctor, her new Companion and the TARDIS without all that boring space/time travel getting in the way."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, some fans are acting as if the fundamentals of the show and the character are going to completely change all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, there are some more potential dynamic shakeups coming. There have been some rumors that the next companion may be some guy in his late 50s. The news is everywhere but it hasn't actually been confirmed by BBC, so I don't believe them. This is a rumor from the Mirror, mind you. They have a bit of a track record for getting things wrong.