Questions about anything

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Not quite sure on the celery, but I can tell you why they serve wings with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
The heat from the sauce (a wonderful little enzyme called capsaicin) that burns your mouth can only be put out with something dairy.
If you drink anything, water or soda won't stop the heat, but milk will.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Too true. This is why whenever you see idiots trying to eat ghost peppers or something like that, they're usually crying and begging for a gallon of milk afterwards.

mr3urious

Reaction score
In Canada, there's a store brand called "President's Choice", which is pretty ironic. Shouldn't it be called "Prime Minister's Choice"?

Yes, I know it's named for Loblaw's then-president, but it's still humorous to me. :big_grin:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Too true. This is why whenever you see idiots trying to eat ghost peppers or something like that, they're usually crying and begging for a gallon of milk afterwards.
I do like hot foods. Jalapenos are mild compared to Habaneros. Ghost chilis are too much for me. But even with Habaneros, there is only a tiny bit of capsaicin in them, but it is so concentrated, it takes a gallon of milk to put the fire out.
Indian and Thai foods are delicious. How those cultures are used to the heat in those dishes, must be part of their heritage. Not for weak hearts (or stomachs).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Buffalo wyngs are the only spicy thing I will willingly ingest, but it's mainly because I just love chicken so much. Not to mention, depending on who made them, sometimes the buffalo sauce can actually be pretty mild . . . but, there have been times where the buffalo sauce has been like eating a volcano, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
At what point in The Nightmare Before Christmas movie does a vulture character appear? :scary:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Indian and Thai foods are delicious. How those cultures are used to the heat in those dishes, must be part of their heritage. Not for weak hearts (or stomachs).
Their taste buds must have been destroyed from eating all that crap. :stick_out_tongue:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Sorry if someone has already asked this, but...

Why is it totally fine for topless men to walk around in public, but OH SO HORRIBLE for topless women to do the same thing?

Kids are gonna find out what bewbs are eventually, especially if they're a girl.