And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I dislike Trump as much as anybody, but even I will admit that even I think at this point people are just looking for anything to throw shade against him. The whole eclipse thing? I get the feeling somebody just waited for any possible moment that he'd look up at the sun - even for the slightest second - to snap the picture . . . yeah, he's dumb, but surely he's not that stupid to actually stare up directly at the eclipse without glasses. And even now: Harvey just made landfall, and already people as *****-pants about him not saying anything about it - what do you want, him to do a play-by-play commentary?

Censored

Reaction score
I dislike Trump as much as anybody, but even I will admit that even I think at this point people are just looking for anything to throw shade against him. The whole eclipse thing? I get the feeling somebody just waited for any possible moment that he'd look up at the sun - even for the slightest second - to snap the picture . . . yeah, he's dumb, but surely he's not that stupid to actually stare up directly at the eclipse without glasses. And even now: Harvey just made landfall, and already people as *****-pants about him not saying anything about it - what do you want, him to do a play-by-play commentary?
Do I sense a change of political direction here?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ya. At the end of the day, he's not as amazing as the Right says he is, but he's also not as awful as the Left make him out to be.
I think that's what several people have been saying in this thread. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Quit feeding either extreme end. Right now, President Trump is on the left side of the center point but not all is bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw, I'd kill to see you defend Trump and attack everyone else. I think that'd be actually really hilarious TBH. :stick_out_tongue:
That'd be like Frank Stallone saying something nice about Russians, or Tonya Harding speaking intelligently . . . in other words, opposite day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Trump's approval rating isn't nearly as low as our current governor Chris Christie.

Christie had an uphill battle, cleaning up the mess our last two governors (Jim McGreevey and Jon Corzine) left behind. Plus being a Republican governor trying to get cooperation from a Democrat-run assembly (a mirror image of what Obama had to deal with).

But at one point Christie had support, especially after Obama pledged much-needed relief after Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
That support faded during his botched presidential campaign.

Pride and ambition got the better of him. But this summer's debacle of him sitting on the beach closed to the rest of the public certainly didn't further his cause.