Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
For people loyal to Steve, Matt will never be good enough. I get that. But if you look at it objectively, he's doing it just the way Jim did! Love it!
Don't generalise everyone who is loyal to Steve. I know perfectly well that Matt is good enough to pull off Kermit. Just like people who still prefer Jim over Steve, we're at perfect liberty to prefer Steve over Matt.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I have no real problem with Matt's performance, and I'm sure it'll get even better with time.

But I am concerned about the characters that Matt "inherited" from Jerry. He's done such a great job performing characters like Floyd, Lew, and (especially) Uncle Deadly. Since Matt will obviously be busy with Kermit, does this mean those other characters will be pushed more into the background again?

Angelo Thomas

Reaction score
I don't hate it, but I think the difference is noticeable enough that even someone who isn't a huge fan of the Muppets like we are could probably tell that something is off about it. It'll take some time to get used to it, that's for sure.

I don't side with Steve, but I have to admit that I already miss his Kermit more than I thought I would. I'm nineteen, so Steve's Kermit is my Kermit, if that makes sense. I'm more familiar with and have more attachment to his Kermit than I do to Jim's because Steve's is the one I grew up with.

I wish everyone could get along behind the scenes because it feels weird not only knowing that Kermit is being performed by someone else but also knowing *why* Steve was replaced and everything that went down with Disney.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I have no real problem with Matt's performance, and I'm sure it'll get even better with time.

But I am concerned about the characters that Matt "inherited" from Jerry. He's done such a great job performing characters like Floyd, Lew, and (especially) Uncle Deadly. Since Matt will obviously be busy with Kermit, does this mean those other characters will be pushed more into the background again?
Why do people say stuff like this? Kermit was Jim's main character, but he managed to perform Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf and the Swedish Chef in almost every Muppet production of the late '70s and through the '80s.

Whether characters get used or not is entirely up the writers.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why do people say stuff like this? Kermit was Jim's main character, but he managed to perform Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf and the Swedish Chef in almost every Muppet production of the late '70s and through the '80s.

Whether characters get used or not is entirely up the writers.
I mean, i've kind of been worried about that myself. Steve, for instance, had to gradually push Rizzo and Bean Bunny to the sidelines after Kermit started to regain more prominence.