Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Way to build hype for something no one cared about Disney. :wink:

As far as Matt's performance....eh. It sounds way too much like Constantine, and that was something I was afraid of. I'm sure he'll get it down with practice, but it's just too off for me to call it "good" at the moment. It's the same way I feel about his Count performance.

gravy

Reaction score
now more than ever we need STEVE...he IS KERMIT...
Now more than ever we got over Steve... I think a lot of people are fine with Matt's Kermit. Also, Steve is not Kermit. Kermit is a character, Steve is a performer. The two cannot combine (unless you've been performing him for like 50 years or something like Caroll Spinney.)

cahuenga

Reaction score
Now more than ever we got over Steve... I think a lot of people are fine with Matt's Kermit. Also, Steve is not Kermit. Kermit is a character, Steve is a performer. The two cannot combine (unless you've been performing him for like 50 years or something like Caroll Spinney.)
And I see a lot of people who are complaining because his voice... different opinions.... for me and for many people Disney its totally wrong...I love matt as performer...but not as Kermits performer... and I think its not coincidence that the lovers of matts Kermit are the Steve haters in this forum the last 2 months....

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I hope we'll at least get a new muppet project in the near future (not holding my breath though) so we can really judge Matt's performance.