Muppets Most Wanted Revisited

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been over 3 years since this movie came out. Just wow. Anyways, I rewatched it again for the first time in like a year, and it's still a great movie.

Pros
  • Sam and Ty Burrell are comedy gold. Their pairing is nothing short of perfection.
  • Pretty much all the songs landed (doing a sequel, Im#1, something so right, big house)
  • Constantine is a great villain.
  • Lots of obscure muppets get cameos
Cons
  • The ending with the gang telling Kermit how much they appreciate him is a bit too sappy for my taste.
  • The other muppets not knowing that Kermit was replaced. I guess I can let that slide since Gonzo explains how they were sort of making themselves believe Constantine was Kermit since he was giving them everything.

Overall, it's a very strong muppet movie (and movie in general). Definitely my 3rd favorite only behind the first two movies (TMM and GMC).

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been over 3 years since this movie came out. Just wow. Anyways, I rewatched it again for the first time in like a year, and it's still a great movie.

Pros
  • Sam and Ty Burrell are comedy gold. Their pairing is nothing short of perfection.
  • Pretty much all the songs landed (doing a sequel, Im#1, something so right, big house)
  • Constantine is a great villain.
  • Lots of obscure muppets get cameos
Cons
  • The ending with the gang telling Kermit how much they appreciate him is a bit too sappy for my taste.
  • The other muppets not knowing that Kermit was replaced. I guess I can let that slide since Gonzo explains how they were sort of making themselves believe Constantine was Kermit since he was giving them everything.

Overall, it's a very strong muppet movie (and movie in general). Definitely my 3rd favorite only behind the first two movies (TMM and GMC).
Aside from the EM Outside lands performance, MMW is the best work this particular team of Muppeteers have done so far. Yeah, the story wasn't the best, but the casting was solid, the music was amazing and the comedy was on point. In my opinion, that film showcased Kermit's best appearance since Jim passed away. Steve's always done a great job with him, but Kermit was definitely at the top of his game for this one.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Aside from the EM Outside lands performance, MMW is the best work this particular team of Muppeteers have done so far. Yeah, the story wasn't the best, but the casting was solid, the music was amazing and the comedy was on point. In my opinion, that film showcased Kermit's best appearance since Jim passed away. Steve's always done a great job with him, but Kermit was definitely at the top of his game for this one.
Totally agree. Everyone was on top of their game and it really had that classic muppet vibe that was missing in the 90's movies.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I totally agree about Sam. This is easily my favorite role Sam's ever has with the Muppets.