Muppet Fan Confessions

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I find the blue Frackle to be adorable. I wish I had a plushie of him.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I've never seen Letters To Santa or Kermit's Swamp Year. I'd still like to watch LTS, but I'm fine not seeing KSY.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, I actually want to know where Sesame Workshop got the chroma-keyed footage of the paint coating the white and blue backdrops in How Now Brown's "Wet Paint" (or if they took the time to get a bunch of buckets and splash it around themselves while filming).

I'm also curious to know what was used for the paint How Now was dancing on. I'm guessing it was melted crayon or frosting from looking at the consistency.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Something I recall when I was a kid...

From watching "NTV"/"The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics, I remember thinking the resteraunt of Nino's and Nick Normal's house were connected together (probably cause of the door in the former being open).

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Here's a gloomy confession:

To me, Outsidelands was the best thing the Muppets have done in years and nothing has felt right since then.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's a gloomy confession:

To me, Outsidelands was the best thing the Muppets have done in years and nothing has felt right since then.
Well, to be fair, the biggest thing they've done since then is the Thought of the Week videos and similar such videos.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I don't like the 2011 film that much either & I HATE Jason Segal w/ a passion for completely ruining it, & I've still never seen Muppets from Space, & I've only seen The Muppets Take Manhattan, literally, only once, & some scenes were way too goofy
I can understand that opinion, but the way I see it. The 2011 film did serve as a transitional production, which brought back a lot of great characters that have continued to be used since, such as Uncle Deadly, Lips, Link Hogthrob, etc.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I have a confession. I think Scooter's role in the Muppet Movie was awkward and felt forced.

With everyone else that joined Kermit, they had a great moment and scene unique to them, and most got their own musical number.
  • Fozzie: He bonded with Kermit st the El Sleazo and had Movin Right Along
  • Piggy: Great scenes with Kermit at the fair and the restaurant, and Never Before, Never Again
  • Electric Mayhem: Scene at the church gave them a great feature, plus them breaking the 4th wall and coming back was clever, and Can You Picture That?
  • Rowlf: I Loved his scene at the piano, and I Hope That Something Better Comes Along was an instant classic
  • Bunsen and Beaker: While they didn't get a song, they were featured prominently and their invention (along with Animal's lack of supervision) saved the day
Then there's Scooter. He gets no scene that's just about him. He doesn't even get to speak directly to Kermit at all. He's just tacked on to the Electric Mayhem as an afterthought, and he's never been paired with them before or since.

For someone who was Kermit's right hand man and was a very prominent character on The Muppet Show, I think he could've been given a better scene.