Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
Exactly! I think that's the problem on the writer's end that they seemed to be blaming Steve for. Was it really Steve's fault that Kermit was ready to commit 'frogcicle' suicide in VMX? Heck, no! It's just the way the scripts are written. Just like the idea sort of similar to what xSunnyEclipse said, yes Eric's Piggy was a jerk when she was on Good Luck Charlie, but again, that was due to the writers not Eric. I think the whole issue there is people would rather find scapegoats to take the blame rather than admit themselves to being wrong.
We’ve has this discussion on here before. It was noted that sometimes it’s not so much what is written, but rather how it is carried out by the actor/performer. Case in point: In the 1960’s version of The Honeymooners, Audrey Meadows was no longer playing Alice. Jackie Gleason hired a new actress (Sheila MacRae I believe). During a rehearsal, the new Alice read her lines, but had her character cry as she argued. Jackie Gleason told her not to because he felt it made the situation too sad and serious. You can read a script numerous ways. To say that it’s all about the writing and that the performer bears no responsibility does a disservice to all of the great actors/puppeteers/voice actors who have successfully and uniquely breathed life into so many characters in the entertainment industry. If the performers get credit for reading a script well, there has to also be accountability if they do not.

Greenhoodie

Reaction score
Exactly! I think that's the problem on the writer's end that they seemed to be blaming Steve for. Was it really Steve's fault that Kermit was ready to commit 'frogcicle' suicide in VMX? Heck, no! It's just the way the scripts are written. Just like the idea sort of similar to what xSunnyEclipse said, yes Eric's Piggy was a jerk when she was on Good Luck Charlie, but again, that was due to the writers not Eric. I think the whole issue there is people would rather find scapegoats to take the blame rather than admit themselves to being wrong.
Another way to illustrate this...Jim's Kermit got angry and freaked out. A lot. Like total meltdowns. The Muppet Show. Sesame Street. He'd even brood...The Muppet Movie, Muppets Take Manhatten (The frog is stayin!).

The difference? His meltdowns were funny. Hilarious even, because the man had a gift for comedic line readings. No offense to the guy, but Steve doesn't share that same gift.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Another way to illustrate this...Jim's Kermit got angry and freaked out. A lot. Like total meltdowns. The Muppet Show. Sesame Street. He'd even brood...The Muppet Movie, Muppets Take Manhatten (The frog is stayin!).

The difference? His meltdowns were funny. Hilarious even, because the man had a gift for comedic line readings. No offense to the guy, but Steve doesn't share that same gift.
Other than a few instances like I noted before, most famous example being his "WHO HIRED THIS CREW???!!!" sphiel from MTI.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I never thought of John Kennedy. I think another one of the guests might be David Rudman, because of the description of how a guest worked with the muppets since the Muppets take Manhattan and started working on Sesame street.