Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

gravy

Reaction score
I think Matt is starting to progress torwards Steve's Kermit from what I hear.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I'm actually a bit surprised Rizzo won't be making an appearance. I remember he was used in promotional images early on for the Hollywood Bowl, and if they're already recasting characters like Link for this performance, you would think Rizzo could be done as well.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm actually a bit surprised Rizzo won't be making an appearance. I remember he was used in promotional images early on for the Hollywood Bowl, and if they're already recasting characters like Link for this performance, you would think Rizzo could be done as well.
Rizzo is Steve's original character. It's going to take a lot of time before he is recast. Me personally I don't think he should be recast unless Steve OK's it. Which I'm almost sure he won't.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Steve got to perform Kermit for 27 years. I don't think they're just "passing Kermit around." It was time for a change.
This may be the "blind loyalty" talking, but something about this comment really rubs me the wrong way. I'm going to try to be civil about this, though, because I really don't want to start a flame war (again).

I don't agree with that opinion, Censored. I'm not saying that Steve was also a dead wringer for Jim's Kermit either (because he wasn't). But it's your opinion. But we both can say what we think about it until the cows come home, neither of us are going to change what we think. I'll just leave it at that, and agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Also, if it was time for a change, then why not just give Kermit to Matt but keep Steve onboard? We all know it's more than this.

But who knows, maybe Matt'll blow our minds.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The news interview sounds a little better, but it's obviously still not enough to judge.

As for Steve's other characters, Rizzo will probably stay phased out like he was in the latest films. I'm sad that Link will probably be gone. Steve just barely got him down only to be fired.

Also, Statler has had the most performers of any muppet (Hunt, Nelson, Whitmire, Massey, Linz).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The news interview sounds a little better, but it's obviously still not enough to judge.

As for Steve's other characters, Rizzo will probably stay phased out like he was in the latest films. I'm sad that Link will probably be gone. Steve just barely got him down only to be fired.

Also, Statler has had the most performers of any muppet (Hunt, Nelson, Whitmire, Massey, Linz).
Actually my friend Link has apparently already been recast. He is set to apper in a new Pigs in Space bit at the Hollywood bowl. Along with Beaker in a new Muppet Labs bit as well.